Why George?....WHY????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungBono

Refugee
Why are you ruining your life??? You have such a god-given talent that is being wasted by the dumb things that you do...

I admire you as a person and as an amazing singer/songwriter but I REALLY have to shake my head at this.....

PLEASE don't turn into another rock statistic....you're way too good for that.

From the CNN website:

+++++++++

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- British singer George Michael was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of possessing drugs after he was found slumped in a car in central London, a police source said.

Michael, 42, who has sold more than 80 million records worldwide during a 25-year career, was arrested in the Hyde Park area of the capital early on Sunday, the source said.

A London police spokesman issued a statement saying a 42-year-old man had been held on suspicion of possessing Class C drugs, a group in British law that includes cannabis, tranquillisers and some painkillers.

"We were called by a member of the public to a man seen slumped over the steering wheel of a car," the statement said. "He was arrested on suspicion of possession of controlled substances."

He was bailed to return to a police station in late March pending a police investigation.

Michael's manager and publicist could not be reached for comment.

Under British law, anyone convicted of having Class C drugs can be jailed for up to two years and face an unlimited fine, according to the Home Office (interior ministry) Web site.

In a front page report, the Sun newspaper said the singer was found in a dark-coloured Range Rover parked on Hyde Park Corner, one of central London's busiest intersections.

The unsourced report said he was taken into police custody and was examined by a doctor. He had his photograph and fingerprints taken and was released after more than seven hours, the report said.

It is not the star's first brush with the law.

Michael was arrested in April, 1998, for engaging in a "lewd act" in a public toilet in Los Angeles, after which he ended years of speculation by announcing that he was gay.

He told Reuters in an interview last year that he was giving up the world of pop, saying he found the media attention and celebrity "unbearable."

The singer had a string of hits in the 1980s with the band Wham! before forging a successful solo career with albums such as "Faith," "Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1" and "Patience."

His Brazilian boyfriend Anselmo Feleppa died of an AIDS-related condition in 1993, and Michael fought a legal battle with his record label Sony in the early 1990s before being bought out in a deal reported to be worth $40 million.

I saw the headline this morning and thought the same thing.

The article doesn't mention if they actually found any drugs on him or not, though. It only says that he was arrested for "suspicion of possessing drugs".

Hope he's ok. I've always loved his voice...

U2dork said:
I saw the headline this morning and thought the same thing.

The article doesn't mention if they actually found any drugs on him or not, though. It only says that he was arrested for "suspicion of possessing drugs".

Hope he's ok. I've always loved his voice...

LMAO@your sig!!!....its WAY cool!!!!

0,,2006090843,00.jpg

george is a great singer/songwriter.....It seems like him and Boy George are in trouble w/ drugs a little too often.

In a statement after his release, Michael said that the incident was "my own stupid fault, as usual. I was in possession of class C drugs, which is an offense, and I have no complaints about the police who were professional throughout." He stressed his concern "that people know that I was properly tested by the police doctor … who stated to the officers present that I was not impaired in any way and should be allowed to drive home."

In a P.S., he added: "I promise I won't make a record out of this one – even though it's tempting."

LemonMacPhisto said:

He looks eerily like Billy Joel

he even has the "Holy shit I just landed Christie Brinkley" Face

Or in his case, the "Wow...I just hooked up with one of Tom Ford's male models"or "Shit, I can't believe I got caught in the middle of Beverly Hills with my pants down soliciting a cop."

It's too bad that he never lived up to his potential.

george michael is as awesome as shit on your doorstep.

seriously, i don't know how he even makes headlines anymore.

Back
Top Bottom