Why Does the Brain Remember?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
Im curious. Why can my mind remember all manner of useless crap ie the name of the lead singers brother restaurant on the other side of the planet but I cant remember things I should remember, the things I need to remember, things that are actually useful and beneficial to my life? :huh:

LOL Beli me too! I am an endless storage shed of useless trivia knowledge but never did well in school. I didn't like anything but history. I also hate the 'responsible' stuff growups are supposed to know or be good at. I think it has something to do with interest, stuff that doesn't interest me really just doesn't sink in :huh:

U2Kitten said:
I think it has something to do with interest, stuff that doesn't interest me really just doesn't sink in :huh:

Agreed. Geometry never really interested me, so perhaps that's one reason why I didn't do so well with that (either that, or it could've been due to the fact that my teacher was not very good at explaining all that stuff in a less confusing manner). And yet there's other stuff that I learned years ago, or some random tidbit of information I heard on a show that I found interesting, or whatever, that I still can remember and rattle off to anyone who asks.

The brain's an odd thing indeed. I've actually been rather fascinated with how it works the way it does, and the fact that there's still things about it that leaves people who study it for a living mystified.

Angela

I actually know a lot about a lot, but none of it is of any practical use to me. Yes, the brain is a marvelously selective piece. :|

Back
Top Bottom