Why does it happen to good people?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RussellbeStaji

The Fly
on the other side of the world where people walk u
So today I was told that one of the girls in my math class died in her sleep last week from a seizure. She had just returned from spring break, and was staying at her parents' house. No one found her until that morning. I understand that these things happen, but my question is this. Why do I feel guilty about it all? Is this normal?

------------------
Ever seen an Alice with a stem like that? Come to think of it, did you ever see an Alice??

i'm very sorry, that is really tragic. i think it is definitely normal to have all sorts of mixed feelings when someone so young dies - especially if you know that person. it seems guilt is a natural human reaction to these kinds of events. as for why, i don't really know. i've been in that situation too and also felt guilty. maybe i felt bad because i'm so lucky and blessed to have the life i have and it's so unfair when something so terrible happens to a good person in their prime. i'm not really sure why this is, but i understand where you're coming from. try and keep your head up. (((RussellbeStaji)))

This just goes to show you.. treasure every moment you have because you dont know when it will be your turn.

It really makes interference seem not so important.

frown.gif
Sorry to hear that...
i guess the way i look at it is there's no way of explaining why things like that happen. Maybe all we're supposed to do is just try not too much to think about things that are out of our control and not feel guilty about such things, and just take life day by day.
You know? I don't think we'll ever have all the answers.

------------------
- be uncool, yes be awkward

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 03-11-2002).]

My condolences...that is very sad to hear.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Sicy:
This just goes to show you.. treasure every moment you have because you dont know when it will be your turn.

Exactly Sicy, just love the life you're living 'cos you never know when it's you.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I know it's difficult, and I know all to well your pangs of guilt. Just think of it as a reminder to be alive.

------------------
Proud owner, maker and baker of THE U2 cookies.

{{{{{RussellbeStaji}}}}}

still getting through this same thing myself, only it was a very good childhood friend
frown.gif

it does get better though.

((((hugs)))))

I'm sorry to hear that. It's awful. A girl I knew dies in a car accident just before she got to high school. It was devastating.

How old was she?

Back
Top Bottom