Why Do You Love Music? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 09-04-2005, 06:47 AM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 10:20 PM
I grew up with an appreciation for it, thanks to my dad. He always had it on at home, in the car, everywhere. I spent nights in our spare room, playing his records and listening to mixed tapes he had made from the radio, and it just went from there. He made it a point to take me to concerts when I was younger, and I thank him so much for that.

I love it because there's something for every emotion. I have albums that I can tie back to a certain place or time in my life and when I'm old and gray and can't remember much, I know I'll turn on my iPod (or whatever we have by then ) and when I hear a certain song I'll be transported back to when I was 15, 20, or 26. It's given me friendships I never thought I would have - some of them formed here thanks to U2. My oldest friend I have, I met her our first day of high school because I saw her wearing a U2 t-shirt, lol. It's also given me something to bond with my dad over, seeing as how we're not very close on many other things.

I love the way it makes me feel, it's a kickass "hobby" to have, and it's brought me a lot of good things.

Old 09-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 08:20 PM
I work for a Corporation that is based on sound and music.......

Like a couple of the statements we have;
"Music can have a profound affect on the way we live and experience our lives"........"Music can takes us to a place deep in our hearts and minds".....

It would be very hard to continue life after experiencing such important moments in my life, without music.

Old 09-04-2005, 12:19 PM   #18
New Yorker
I can't even think about how my life would be without music.

for me, it's almost like this.

I am the car. My heart is the engine. But music is like the fuel, the oil, or the little parts that seem like they don't matter but really are the things that make the car go. Music makes me go vroom vroom!

might not make sense. but yeah
Old 09-04-2005, 12:22 PM   #19
love, blood, life
Originally posted by Carek1230
I can't even fathom my life without music in it. It's the soundtrack to my life, through good and bad times. Music is the pulse of my being, it's what keeps my heart beating and my blood flowing. I like all kinds of music, from rocking beats to quiet instrumental, and listen according to my mood. I can recall exact moments of my life through songs and music.
My words exactly..I couldn't have said it better myself
Old 09-04-2005, 12:33 PM   #20
love, blood, life
Local Time: 09:20 PM
This is a fantastic topic and every post has been spot-on, it's nice to know others feel the same way I do!!

You know, whenever anyone asks the question, "would you rather be blind or deaf?" I always answer "I'd rather be dead than deaf" and people look at me like I'm insane. I suppose that's a little extreme, but I can't imagine going on without music.

Music probably carries more memories for me than anything else, and you know what makes us who we are? Our memories. Everything that happened up to this moment to make us who we are. So by that logic I suppose in some sense music makes me who I am. And I'm sure my friends would agree with me on that one, who would I be without my U2 obsession?
Old 09-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #21
love, blood, life
Local Time: 03:20 AM
Because I'm fascinated by the way that the very best musicians can condense the entirety of human existence into a three minutes song.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:29 PM   #22
love, blood, life
Local Time: 03:20 AM
Originally posted by IWasBored
it's either listen to music or take a lot of drugs. it makes me happy.

and it's amazing what a few minutes in a mosh pit can do to relieve stress.
this too.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:34 PM   #23
War Child
Local Time: 09:20 PM
I love music because it entertains me, and i hate silence
Old 09-04-2005, 09:30 PM   #24
love, blood, life
Local Time: 11:20 PM
There is a lot of music I like just because it's fun and pleasent to hear. A nice background. But the music I love is much more than that. The music I love tells me more clearly than anything else that I am not alone in this world. That others have the same hopes, dreams, desires, sadness, fears.

And it helps me cope. I remember picking the music I would listen to when driving to and from the hospital when life support was removed from my mum. I was so grief stricken I could hardly breathe, but the music was almost like an embrace for me and I felt so much more at peace. Nothing else does that.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:56 PM   #25
ONE<br>love, blood, life
Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Local Time: 11:20 PM
I echo everyone's thoughts so far in this thread

For me, music is my soul. It's not just a part of me... it IS me. There's something both primal and elevated about music as I experience it. I can listen to music and I'm moved fundamentally from the inside of my heart... why does the soundtrack to Titanic or Dances with Wolves always make me cry? Why does an Irish reel always get me going? At the same time, music is something I appreciate intellectually... it stimulates something inside me that wonders what other people are thinking and feeling and how they are coping with the world. This is why music like Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" and The Beatles' "Within You Without You" have changed my life.

After all that... "talking about music is like dancing about architecture"

Write for Interference!
Email or PM me (kim@interference.com) if you're interested.