Why do you have that name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bau2fan

The Fly
Hello everyone:wave:

I was just thinking at 2:00 in the morning. (can't go to sleep)

How did you come up with your name. I mean the user name
<----me umm well it was easy it stands for Beatriz (my name) a U2 fan.
But i like to tell people to be U2 fans so why not Be a U2 fan?

When I knew nothing about the Internet, my friend set me up an email account with the username of Menomineechick (Menominee is my hometown). I didn't really like that name much though, so I eventually got a different email account and needed a new username. I decided to just replace Menominee with Bono...Bonochick...and boy has it stuck! One of my bosses even calls me Bonochick sometimes! :D

The Material Girl is my surrogate mother. :D

mpc_55.jpg

When I signed up for interference, I couldn't think of a catchy nick, or anything too creative. The first thing that came to mind was trying to spell something with the initials of the first name of each band member. I tried lots of different combinations.... LEBA (which sounds too much like PLEBA), there was already a BEAL registered, and I tried other combinations as well. I just kinda liked ABEL.

I'm still surprised at how many people actually ask me what my nick means...I thought I was being way obvious :lol:

Last edited:
i used to be a snitch

when i was younger, my brother, sister, and i would sit around and watch tv, especially little house on the prairie. like normal brothers and sisters we all fought. well i used to get mad and tell my mom, so then my sister eventually started calling me nellie from little house on the prairie because nellie was a snitch too. ever since, that name has stuck with me. even my boss calls me nellie.

bono-vox said:
My first name is Laura but most ppl call me Lara

I love Larry so Mullen

And bono-vox was a name i picked cus i didnt think id post much so chose the 1st thing that came to mind :|

:scratch: bono-vox = Lara Mullen? I never knew :lmao:

ABEL said:
:scratch: bono-vox = Lara Mullen? I never knew :lmao:
Yes. :yes: These are both my girlie!!! :hug: I hope my mullet doesn't bother you when I hug you, girlie. :angel:

Falling Star - it's an often used phrase in U2 songs. The Fly, One Tree Hill, ...... plus I love that name! :love:

I lived in Georgia when I signed up on interference, but I wanted to reflect my native Oklahoma-ness. I also wanted to combine that with one of my top 5 U2 songs. Every time I drive through the Oklahoma panhandle, usually watching a gorgeous sunset, I love to listen to Heartland.

HeartlandGirl seemed to sum things up, I guess. :heart:

Ah the mother of originality i am, huh?

:D

I dunno, when i came on Interference, the idea for "U2girl" just popped in my head - and it stayed there.

:der: :der: :der: yes I am very uncreative. I couldn't come up with anything so I just used my real name. I still can't think of anything cool. Maybe someday I can just be known as the artist formerly known as Kari. Because I am an artist, get it:scratch: Okay so I'm a little lame:shocked: I really can't help it!:confused: REEEEAAAALLLLLYYY!:coocoo: :uhoh: :shrug:

well......im just sorta obsessed with Paul Newman, one of my fave films of his is Cool Hand Luke, my name is Laura...so there you go!
(plus, i didnt think id be allowed on the forum if i called myself The Hustler!!!)

ps-Kari is a cool name!!

My friends and I used to watch a lot of Mafia movies. And you know how there's usually some guy named Tiny or Tony two-toes...Well, one day we decided to give ourselves some mafia names.

Jimmy daa fish was mine so I decided to stick with it.

i first came up with this when i was registering at duranduran.com's message board. i wanted to pick a girly name (cuz i went by poptart before and everyone thought i was a guy) so i was looking at their song titles...i didn't like a lot of the names, they were like marlene and stuff. so i came across the song title khanada, and i thought that would work.

of course, someone had already registered khanada. so i decided to make it a full name, and use one of the band members' last names. john's my favourite member, but: a. KhanadaTaylor didn't sound right, b. he wasn't in the band at the time. so i took my favourite member who was still in the band, and voila! KhanadaRhodes. :D

it sounds like i put a lot of thought into it but believe me, i didn't. :silent:

When I first registered with AOL years ago I wanted to be Bratina because that's what my mom would call me from time to time (that was the name of a really rotten girl on the "Pound Puppies" cartoon) but for whatever reason I couldn't use that name. Up pops this list of suggested names and one of them is dsmith2904 (first letter of my first name and my last name) so I picked it. When I left AOL I decided to keep the same screename so friends and family wouldn't have to remember a completely new address, just a new server. Since then, whenever I need a screename for something, I end up using dsmith2904 because it's really easy for me to remember and I haven't been able to come up with anything better.
I have gotten LMs from people asking if that's my birthday (April 29), but no, I was just the 2,904th dsmith to sign on to AOL.

College nickname from 10 years ago - it has stuck.

Even people I do not know very well call me OUIZY

I wanted a name from a U2 song, and Wanderer was already taken, I'd never heard Salome before (and still haven't *gasp!*), didn't particularly want Gloria as my nick :D, so I went with Diemen (yes that's Diemen, not Dieman :)).

told this one before...but when has that stopped me

On the day I registered at grantham's room all the U2-related handles I submitted were already taken by someone else. It was getting a bit frustrating with precious time ticking away.
So I just setteled on cassowary.
It soon became shortened to cass.
And it is the only handle I have ever used....I wonder why?

Of course there is a story as to why I chose cassowary....but it's a long one. Cassowary are birds and keystone species in the rainforest. I was very concerned about their future at the time. I also thought Cass O'Wary had a certain Irish lilt to it.
I have been wanting a new U2 related handle for some time, just been hard to find one.

PS: If any Irish people read this, may I apologise now. We have just appointed our new ambassador to Ireland...it wasn't me...I didn't vote for them!!!

ready?

steve lillywhite = producer

lilly - white = lilly

lilly = mah name here

i wanted something that would denote that i am a female, and something that people wouldn't feel the need to shorten all the time. and now, the name has caught on. SO many people call me lilly.

Last edited:
my name is dumb

Well, when I first discovered interference I was just learning about the wonder that is U2, including their giant mirrorball lemon. I thought it was pretty funny so picked it as my name. Had I known how much time I would be spending here I would've picked something that wasn't so dumb and that at least indicated my gender. But at least I still love Pop and the lemon. :)

I won't go in to the story of how I started being called Ali.....

But my middle name is Rose So I just put the two together one day out of nowhere. It just had a nice ring.

This was actually BEFORE i became a member of interference, So when i joined it just seemed logical to keep it. I even signed Elvis's wall with my username!!!

:lmao: this is Elvis laughing. Does anyone else notice that he has Elvis's hair?????

Diemen said:
I'd never heard Salome before (and still haven't *gasp!*),

:shocked: something MUST be done to remedy this......

Last edited:
It's christiAna, christiAna, christiAna. Not christina, understand?

<==That's my name. Not really creative... :D

Back
Top Bottom