Why do you have that name? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-29-2002, 01:48 PM   #16
Local Time: 07:16 PM

yes I am very uncreative. I couldn't come up with anything so I just used my real name. I still can't think of anything cool. Maybe someday I can just be known as the artist formerly known as Kari. Because I am an artist, get it Okay so I'm a little lame I really can't help it! REEEEAAAALLLLLYYY!

Old 08-29-2002, 02:07 PM   #17
Local Time: 01:16 AM
well......im just sorta obsessed with Paul Newman, one of my fave films of his is Cool Hand Luke, my name is Laura...so there you go!
(plus, i didnt think id be allowed on the forum if i called myself The Hustler!!!)

ps-Kari is a cool name!!

Old 08-29-2002, 03:27 PM   #18
the invisible woman
Local Time: 06:16 PM

It was just meant to be! I didn't choose it, it chose me!
Old 08-29-2002, 03:38 PM   #19
Local Time: 06:16 PM

My friends and I used to watch a lot of Mafia movies. And you know how there's usually some guy named Tiny or Tony two-toes...Well, one day we decided to give ourselves some mafia names.

Jimmy daa fish was mine so I decided to stick with it.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:10 PM   #20
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 08:16 PM

i first came up with this when i was registering at duranduran.com's message board. i wanted to pick a girly name (cuz i went by poptart before and everyone thought i was a guy) so i was looking at their song titles...i didn't like a lot of the names, they were like marlene and stuff. so i came across the song title khanada, and i thought that would work.

of course, someone had already registered khanada. so i decided to make it a full name, and use one of the band members' last names. john's my favourite member, but: a. KhanadaTaylor didn't sound right, b. he wasn't in the band at the time. so i took my favourite member who was still in the band, and voila! KhanadaRhodes.

it sounds like i put a lot of thought into it but believe me, i didn't.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 08-29-2002, 04:23 PM   #21
love, blood, life
Local Time: 05:16 PM
When I first registered with AOL years ago I wanted to be Bratina because that's what my mom would call me from time to time (that was the name of a really rotten girl on the "Pound Puppies" cartoon) but for whatever reason I couldn't use that name. Up pops this list of suggested names and one of them is dsmith2904 (first letter of my first name and my last name) so I picked it. When I left AOL I decided to keep the same screename so friends and family wouldn't have to remember a completely new address, just a new server. Since then, whenever I need a screename for something, I end up using dsmith2904 because it's really easy for me to remember and I haven't been able to come up with anything better.
I have gotten LMs from people asking if that's my birthday (April 29), but no, I was just the 2,904th dsmith to sign on to AOL.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:23 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Larry's my favorite, I love Pop (shhhhhhh), and I have a fascination with angels.

God my name is too long.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:27 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
College nickname from 10 years ago - it has stuck.

Even people I do not know very well call me OUIZY
Old 08-29-2002, 05:01 PM   #24
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
I wanted a name from a U2 song, and Wanderer was already taken, I'd never heard Salome before (and still haven't *gasp!*), didn't particularly want Gloria as my nick , so I went with Diemen (yes that's Diemen, not Dieman ).
My business! | My hobby!
Old 08-29-2002, 06:00 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 11:16 AM

Originally posted by FallingStar

Yes. These are both my girlie!!! I hope my mullet doesn't bother you when I hug you, girlie.

Falling Star - it's an often used phrase in U2 songs. The Fly, One Tree Hill, ...... plus I love that name!

aaaaaaaaaaaw i feel loved girlie

WOah i havent seen the mullet

*checks pms*
Old 08-29-2002, 08:01 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:16 AM
told this one before...but when has that stopped me

On the day I registered at grantham's room all the U2-related handles I submitted were already taken by someone else. It was getting a bit frustrating with precious time ticking away.
So I just setteled on cassowary.
It soon became shortened to cass.
And it is the only handle I have ever used....I wonder why?

Of course there is a story as to why I chose cassowary....but it's a long one. Cassowary are birds and keystone species in the rainforest. I was very concerned about their future at the time. I also thought Cass O'Wary had a certain Irish lilt to it.
I have been wanting a new U2 related handle for some time, just been hard to find one.

PS: If any Irish people read this, may I apologise now. We have just appointed our new ambassador to Ireland...it wasn't me...I didn't vote for them!!!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:34 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

steve lillywhite = producer

lilly - white = lilly

lilly = mah name here

i wanted something that would denote that i am a female, and something that people wouldn't feel the need to shorten all the time. and now, the name has caught on. SO many people call me lilly.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:06 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:16 AM
my name is dumb

Well, when I first discovered interference I was just learning about the wonder that is U2, including their giant mirrorball lemon. I thought it was pretty funny so picked it as my name. Had I known how much time I would be spending here I would've picked something that wasn't so dumb and that at least indicated my gender. But at least I still love Pop and the lemon.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:01 PM   #29
New Yorker
I won't go in to the story of how I started being called Ali.....

But my middle name is Rose So I just put the two together one day out of nowhere. It just had a nice ring.

This was actually BEFORE i became a member of interference, So when i joined it just seemed logical to keep it. I even signed Elvis's wall with my username!!!

this is Elvis laughing. Does anyone else notice that he has Elvis's hair?????

Originally posted by Diemen
I'd never heard Salome before (and still haven't *gasp!*),
something MUST be done to remedy this......
Old 08-30-2002, 06:28 AM   #30
New Yorker
Local Time: 09:16 AM
crys It's christiAna, christiAna, christiAna. Not christina, understand?

<==That's my name. Not really creative...