Why do women dance so much better than men?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
Everytime I go to a bar or club 95% of the women dancing dance very well. I would say that about 10% of the men dancing dance nicely and the rest look like fools. Why is that? Anybody noticed that?

Thank you for your input.
biggrin.gif

------------------
And time is a string of pearls...

i once went to a club with a guy whose dance move entailed putting his hands on his shoulders, pointing his elbows up in the air and shaking them around.

We never went out after that.

Originally posted by jezebel:
I think men tend to be very self conscious (they think everybody is looking at THEM) and therefore cannot relax. Hard to dance when you're not relaxed
biggrin.gif

So true!! I'm not gonna say that I'm a great dancer, but after a few years of dancing in several clubs and bars I think I am able to dance a bit. Also, it matters to what club or dance bar you go. In the more narrow-minded ones (which we have a lot/too much in my region), guys also tend to dislike men who are willing to dance and give them a look like 'what kind of a faggot are you??'
The problem I have with too many people (also girls/women but mostly guys) is that they dance to impress and dance should always be to express....and if that expression impresses anyone then that's nice....

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

Maybe part of it is also that we're more flexible.
Though Bono can dance very nicely. He's Irish
wink.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by Vorsprung:
The problem I have with too many people (also girls/women but mostly guys) is that they dance to impress and dance should always be to express....and if that expression impresses anyone then that's nice....

Too true!!! Although here, its mostly women who do that. They move around and they *think* they are dancing.
rolleyes.gif

They have no idea what dancing is, how to do it, and they are just so full of themselves, and the onlt thoughts in their empty heads are: "Look at me, I'm cool, wow, i'm sucha good dancer..."
BARF!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

I think it is two things- most women have bodies that are better designed for dancing, I think it is easier to dance when you have hips and curves to move about and the other thing is that is expected that women should dance where as with Men, well this is not the case, which is sad- I have a male friend who is not the best dancer, so instead he goes out and dances like a dag, does all funny moves and stuff- which still looks better than him not dancing at all- dancing is so much fun and who cares what people think of you
smile.gif

Its hardly fair to jump on men for not being able to dance, its just not a guy thing. Most of the girls I know automatically equate music to dancing and if theyre at home or with their friends will just dance for the hell of it. Guys listen to music more as ambience then they do for the whole woo shake ya groove thing baby kinda aspect to it, and for the most part they see other guys that suck at dancing and go omg i do NOT want to look like that. My two cents at least.

Besides, tango and foxtrot and ballroom dancing is the way to go if youre a guy cuz hey, it looks good, it impresses people, and its not nearly as physically involved. A great deal of guys dont have nearly the flexibility that girls do, nor do they want to utilize the flexibility they do have. Again, this is to prevent from looking like an idiot. Some guys get it, some guys dont, some guys are able to dance through sheer instinct and artsy expressiony stuff, and others just try to mimic those with the artistic expressiony stuff and just look foolish cuz they do a pissass job of it. My opinion only, dont jump on me about it, cuz Im uninformed on the subject and am probably wrong, Im just speculating. Its not my fault I dont get out much... *looks back and forth nervously*

now naya? 9.5:10....1:10?
awww it's not for the watching ,it's for the doing.
I know you are partially j/k and partially not .My husband does this weird thing with his index fingers when he dances, unlike me matahari herself imho. I went to a dance club last night for the first time in ages
eek.gif
everyone was having a good time

speaking of men dancing, i was a bit disappointed to not find Joachim Cortez with his own thread in Pleba after the Grammy Awards. When a man is a good dancer...wowee!

I think Jezebel kinda nailed it. Relaxation is the main ingredient to dancing. The people look like fools, because they're trying to impress you and they're worried you'll think they look like fools and then they can't relax. If women want men to dance better, they shouldn't be so judemental!
wink.gif

The weird thing though, is that to me guys seem more willing to risk making asses of themselves with assy humour and dumb stunts. why is dancing different? dancing is sometimes viewed as kinda unmanly, or girly.. what with being all sinuous and moving with the music and being all arty and stuff. ech. not cool.
tongue.gif

I'm a guy and I love dancing though.. I love getting totally into the music and not caring anymore. but you really do need to be able to let loose. When I go to a party or a dance or whatever it usually takes me a while to loosen up and not feel self conscious. I don't know if other people do, but I dance around in my house a LOT. The best thing to remember is like Vorsprung said.. it is to express, not impress. That said, some of those liquid dancing moves just look so totally whack you just wanna learn them cause it looks cool.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 04-27-2002).]

Men's bodies are more muscular than womens' bodies, and hence stiffer. We just don't look very good while dancing, unless we really know what we're doing.

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 04-28-2002).]

I prefer standing at a bar, drinking
so sue me

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

while watching the majority of my ex-girlfriends dance, I felt sick to my stomach. Why have I not been able to find a woman who can dance well? (have not been dancing with the latest GF - but she likes good music - and has taken a number of dance classes)

i can dance better than anyone here.

ask anyone from this weekend, i dance so hard and sexy its not even funny. well, yes it is.

you should see me dance hard and play air bass at the same time. im even better than adam during bad on the rattle and hum tape.

thats because im funny.

and great looking.

and i have the best personality.

i say all the right things.

kiss it.

screw off.

------------------
-deathbear

I think women generally dance better than men for the following two reasons:

Originally posted by OzAurora:
...most women have bodies that are better designed for dancing, I think it is easier to dance when you have hips and curves to move about...

Originally posted by jezebel:
...men tend to be very self conscious (they think everybody is looking at THEM) and therefore cannot relax. Hard to dance when you're not relaxed
biggrin.gif

I've taken jazz dance before and I would recommend jazz dance to any guy, even though you will get a snicker or two from your buddies. The classes are fookin' great. A demanding workout and you learn a lot about yourself.

[This message has been edited by pub crawler (edited 04-29-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom