Why do we women put ourselves through torture for beauty? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2002, 02:41 AM   #46
Kid A

Local Time: 08:22 AM
would you rather live in Afghanistan and never be seen?!?! ok, this may be in poor taste pointing this out, but always look on the brighter side of things (I said 'brighter' not bright)

and don't think I don't hate having to shave every fucking day, scrape scrape... burn burn... that fucking hurts, ahh, I'm such a whiner

maybe it's best that everyone lived in Siberia and just wore layers of clothes under trench coats, with a hood and ski mask, I'll bet the store clerks would love that ...

Old 03-14-2002, 05:26 AM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
would you rather live in Afghanistan and never be seen?!?! ok, this may be in poor taste pointing this out, but always look on the brighter side of things (I said 'brighter' not bright)

and don't think I don't hate having to shave every fucking day, scrape scrape... burn burn... that fucking hurts, ahh, I'm such a whiner

maybe it's best that everyone lived in Siberia and just wore layers of clothes under trench coats, with a hood and ski mask, I'll bet the store clerks would love that ...

I tink Wanderers basically trying to say we women should shut up about our looks and live each day preciously, like our last, and that really we should be more thankful we are luckier than half the other women in the world.......some prob have never seen make-up in their life, or are too busy searching for food and clean water for their family.......I can see his point.......yet we still yearn to look better.......................today Im not goin to do that, from here on......Ive already worked on my health and my face looks healthier, part of a goal Im achieve, and I feel happier INSIDE me.............I only put a little make-up on..........but I expect pple to like me for me, not my face..........I know someday therell be a guy who will be ready for me and me ready for him..................

*argh this is no attack, pissed at my mum for last night..........

nothing ever matters.....outta here*

ciao

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 03-14-2002).]

Old 03-14-2002, 11:13 AM   #48
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:22 AM
ugh i hate this whole waxing/shaving/makeup/etc. business. i only have the guts to wax my eyebrows, since it hurts like hell i don't want wax getting anywhere else! hehe.

i'm lucky i guess...cuz my husband sez i don't have to wear makeup unless i want to.

but i still hate having to shave and crap...at the very least having super stubbly legs and stuff is a pain to me, esp. in the winter...since my skin gets so dry this time of year, i have to moisterize all the damn time and it hurts to be rubbing your legs with smelly creams and have little knives sticking out of your legs, lmao.

------------------
sunlight, sunlight fills my room, it's sharp and it's clear but nothing at all like the moon...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth
Old 03-14-2002, 11:26 AM   #49
War Child

Local Time: 02:22 PM
I actually prefer girls without make-up. But then, girls I hang around with all are young enough to look great without make-up

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik
Old 03-15-2002, 12:11 PM   #50
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:22 AM
Quote:
princessbadgirl, it is uncool to look decent? Where do you live?!
[/B]
In NY- don't get me wrong NY is filled with gorgeous people but I live in this ugly lil place in Queens where beauty is surly lacking.

Old 03-15-2002, 06:44 PM   #51
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Vorsprung:
I actually prefer girls without make-up. But then, girls I hang around with all are young enough to look great without make-up

ZING!
Old 03-15-2002, 10:30 PM   #52
Thom's Bitch

Local Time: 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
once again i find myself agreeing with you craig. shaving is such a pain in the arse!! at least you can cover your legs up if you cant be bothered shaving/waxing!!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."