Why do we like the 80's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to junior high, high school and college during the '80s. I miss being young and I miss actually seeing videos on MTV. I also miss bands like The Talking Heads, The Police, Crowded House and countless others.

However, there's plenty about that decade that deserves derision. I don't want to go all FYM in the Lemonade Stand, but I sometimes wished I could have come of age in the '60s instead of the '80s so I could have felt I was part of something important that meant something.

I liked the 80's. but I don't miss them. It was cool seeing Bono when he was younger though. Back when MTV used to play videos and not suck ass. Also, nobody had cell phones yet. People had those dumbass carphones instead.

Just a handful of mentions about U2 here? :sad:

In other news...

16603-0-300-0-300.jpg
:drool:

30759f.jpg

Guns%20N'%20Roses%20-%20Appetite%20For%20Destruction.jpg

In the 80's, I would say 1987 was THE year of that decade. So many great albums came out that year. U2, GnR, Def Leppard, REM, The Cure, INXS and so on. Truly an awesome year of music for the decade of decadence!

MrPryck2U said:
In the 80's, I would say 1987 was THE year of that decade. So many great albums came out that year. U2, GnR, Def Leppard, REM, The Cure, INXS and so on. Truly an awesome year of music for the decade of decadence!

Yes. Agreed. :drool: :drool: :drool:

I was born in 1970, so my entire teen life was in the eighties. I loved the music, movies, and things that happened, i.e. - LiveAid, end of Aparteid, fall of Berlin Wall, green causes. Things were looking up and there was reason to be optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom