why do people rate the beatles so highly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Bealtes are the greatest.... BAR NONE. Nobody comes close to them. Everything they did was amazing. St. Peppers is fucking unbelievable with 'A Day In The Life' being one of the greatest peices of music ever produced. I love the Beatles a lot more that U2 I just wished I was alive to see them.

you're asking me will my love grow
I don't know, I - don't - know
take a look now it may show
I don't know, I - don't - know

:drool:

As reptile said, Lists suck! Its just someone's opinions, and even going on record sales, you still can't compare, because how can you "translate" them into now a days, the music industry today is fucked.

Secondly, *GROAN* can people PLEASE get OVER Nirvana. Great band yes, but seriously making Kurt Cobain into some Lennon like God or epic proportions is silly. Just because he was stupid enough to kill himself, doesn't mean that we have to wail with saddness over a "loss" to the world. I bet if he was alive, Nirvana would have run its course, and end up in the same place as other "indie" bands. I think him dying increased the bands popularity and gave it that special something (COUGH TUPAC COUGH) that neccessarily wasn't there. AND if he hadn't have died, we possibly wouldn't have had the Foo Fighters and for that i would have been very sad. hahah

To me, I adore the Beatles because they had such a variety, they're lyrics were poigniant and beautiful, they made great songs together and solo, and they (as lots of people have said) were totally orginal. Nothing sounded like them.

Also i think thats why I love U2, for the exact same reasons. I'm a lyric/melody girl! weeee! :)

typhoon said:
WHY NOT THREAD DIE???

because Reptile hasnt been around here for a while. He usually kills these things off.........DOH!

no MORE QUESTIONS........

just listen to THE BEATLES (otherwise known as THE WHITE ALBUM) every popular artist since owes a debt to this record...
just ONE example listen to Radioheads Karma Police and Beatles Sexy Sadie back to back without smirking a knowing grin...go on i dares ya........

reptile said:

just ONE example listen to Radioheads Karma Police and Beatles Sexy Sadie back to back without smirking a knowing grin...go on i dares ya........

Exactly :up:

Karma Police is great but it comes dangerously close to being a complete rip-off of Sexy Sadie. When I first heard the intro to Karma Police I immediately thought: "I've heard that somewhere before....:hmm:" And indeed I had.

Before Coldplay went onstage in Copenhagen, they played two intro tracks over the PA. One of them was ´Tomorrow Never Knows` and it was fucking brilliant.

To hear that song over the PA, with a lightshow and shit just blew me away. The Coldplay concert was good, but the Tomorrow Never Knows bit was the highlight for me. It might sound pathetic, but it was just amazing.

The Beatles did everything in the span of 8 years. EVERYTHING. Many people on this forum, it seems, thinks Abby Road is their best album, fuck, that was their last album. Could you imagine U2's last album being thier best!!! Not even thinkable at this point.

Back
Top Bottom