Why do musicans..............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
say some of the stupidest things? DONT GET ME WRONG; NOT ALL MUSICANS ARE STUPID NOR DO THEY ALL SAY STUPID THINGS!

But my question is when describing their lastest record why do they say:

i.e. Ms. Aguilera:"finally it is the real me, and I'm able to express my true self." My thought is that once we are born we are our self, so how can one all of a sudden by oneself!

or why do they answer a question a few different times then all of a sudden refuse to answer it:

ie Ms. Spears before
"Q: Are you a virgin?"
"A: Yes"

Now "A: I dont want to answer that question." My thought on this is once you have answer the question you shouldn't refuse to answer it bc if you were dumb enough to talk about your private private life in the first place you should be willing to talk about it now.

or when describing someone that's been in the music biz for a long time as:

"Down to earth" Okay how in the hell can you be down to earth if you already live on earth. HUH?!

So that's it! Something to ponder!:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Christina Aguilera's "self comment: -
I think you are taking the word "self" in the literal context. Her first album was the product of a record label wanting to market her as an alternative to Britney Spears. Christina is a very good singer, and she always had that going for her, despite the over-production on her first album. Because of how constrictive an artist's recording contract is, she was virtually at the mercy of her label, producers and handlers.

Her new album, "Stripped," represents her true "self" meaning that she had more artistic control on this album as far as sound, she wrote most of the songs on the album, and is more involved on how she is portrayed in her videos, photo shoots, etc. This new album is closer to who she is in "Real life."

Re: Britney Spears' "virgin" fiasco: -
Obviously, she hasn't been a virgin for a long time. Again, like Christina Aguilera, she was being forced to "sell" the virginal image to endear her to the public, thus selling millions of records, and was idolized by millions of young girls who saw it was okay to be sexy and not have sex. She is evading the question now because she is sick of living a lie, hence her "6 month break" and her break-up with Justin Timberlake.

Re: Stars being "down to earth" : -
Obviously you know this is a figure of speech. Some stars are known to be "down to earth" thus, not living with a big head and their head in the clouds. They're friendly and do not require 3 page riders, and do not think the sun revolves around them. But you knew this already. :wave:

Last edited:
I totally agree with you, I was posing this question bc My friends and I were talking about it and I thought Id asked everyone here what they thought about it!

Christina was talking about expressing her true self, not actually becoming her true self. At birth you are yourself but you're not fully developed mentally and emotionally. There's a vast difference between a newborn and a young adult in probably dozens of ways. I'm in college and people are still finding themselves. So I think she's found some tangible expression of identity or self. (how credible this is in regard to her songs....is another story...)

Yeah...'Down to earth' is a figure of speech. It's like being grounded; not having a big ego.

Something embarassing said by Britney Spears about her cover of "I Love Rock n Roll" was praise of Pat Benetar for the song :rolleyes:

Finding or expressing or being yourself to me means undoing all the stuff that has been laid on you by parents, society, teachers, friends, clergy, etc., that create more and more layers between the self you feel you truly are vs. the self you are expected to show to the world. Or something like that.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel, pass me the Excedrin. :combust:

adamswildhoney said:
say some of the stupidest things? DONT GET ME WRONG; NOT ALL MUSICANS ARE STUPID NOR DO THEY ALL SAY STUPID THINGS!

No, you got it wrong. I am a musician and we are all stupid. Really. :wink:

Apart from that, we all are incredibly selfish. Better believe it. :yes:

HelloAngel said:
Because of how constrictive an artist's recording contract is, she was virtually at the mercy of her label, producers and handlers.

Her new album, "Stripped," represents her true "self" meaning that she had more artistic control on this album as far as sound, she wrote most of the songs on the album, and is more involved on how she is portrayed in her videos, photo shoots, etc. This new album is closer to who she is in "Real life."

Didn?t know she got a new contract. I buy the involvement on how she portrays her image possibly, but not more artistic control of sound - thats still a producers job. Only God knows who wrote which song.

\

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

No, you got it wrong. I am a musician and we are all stupid. Really. :wink:

Apart from that, we all are incredibly selfish. Better believe it. :yes:

:lol: hehe i know im a musician myself!

I know that its a figure of speech when they were talking about the "down to earth" and "truly being ones self" but my friend made thoses comments sorry i said my thoughts but I should have said my friend. I didnt even realise that when I was writing it.

memo to self: Reread post!

and I need some Excedrin tooo, Wheres the bottle?

Didn?t know she got a new contract. I buy the involvement on how she portrays her image possibly, but not more artistic control of sound - thats still a producers job. Only God knows who wrote which song.

She didn't get a new contract - she's just been given more room to move with this latest album.

Her producer is Linda Perry of 4 Non Blondes, whom Christina personally picked. And yes, she (Christina) did have much more control over how the songs sounded this time.

On the liner notes of the new album, the songwriters are named. Christina wrote all but 2.

Excedrin.gif

:wave:

MonaVox said:
Christina was talking about expressing her true self, not actually becoming her true self. At birth you are yourself but you're not fully developed mentally and emotionally. There's a vast difference between a newborn and a young adult in probably dozens of ways. I'm in college and people are still finding themselves. So I think she's found some tangible expression of identity or self. (how credible this is in regard to her songs....is another story...)

Yeah...'Down to earth' is a figure of speech. It's like being grounded; not having a big ego.

Something embarassing said by Britney Spears about her cover of "I Love Rock n Roll" was praise of Pat Benetar for the song :rolleyes:

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

that song, my dear, was written by joan jett.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HelloAngel said:

On the liner notes of the new album, the songwriters are named. Christina wrote all but 2.

Ok, I?ll have a look an the liner notes... (but keep in mind they?re not always mentioning everyone who was contributing to the creation of the song. It happens to all of us :wink:)

Ok, I?ll have a look an the liner notes... (but keep in mind they?re not always mentioning everyone who was contributing to the creation of the song. It happens to all of us :wink:)

This I know. I've worked with musicians big and small and witnessed the creation of albums that were also big and small, and have seen the influx of studio musicians, and uncredited singers and songwriters in the studio.

The question was 'Why do musicians say some of the stupidest things?

Neither one of them are musicians, it doesn't matter what they think anyway. I don't watch Silicone and bleach for their views on Geo-political issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom