why do most U2 fans hate CREED ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dizzy said:
I used to hate them, for like, a couple of weeks. It was right after Stapp claimed that their last album would be better than JT. Now, it doesn't really bother me. :yawn: It's just clear that Creed admires U2, otherwise, Stapp would've never said that.

Stapp actually goes above and beyond admiring U2... which isn't a bad thing to admire U2 and Bono ;)

But there's a difference between admiring and emulating or copying.

Stapp's an admitted Bono maniac fan. He is even sporting JT hair. How quaint and not at all annoying :rolleyes: .

Tabby said:
I don't know, but why is Pearl Jam so overrated by U2 fans? They're really not anything like U2 and they aren't that good. They only had a couple of good songs years ago and have spent the last several years sucking pretty bad. If anybody solves the mystery of the Creed hating could they please also clear up the worship of Pearl Jam?

Put down the Tori Amos CD and come out with your hands up.

So Scott's been proven to be copying Bono? Is that his worst offense? So what, you could copy much worse. He'll never be Bono but at least he's not trying to copy Fred Durst.

I remember the 2000 My VH1 Awards as Bono was walking in singing BD and Scott was standing there grinning and clapping. Bono was touching hands with people along the way and I'm sure Scott thought he'd get his turn being right in Bono's path and line of vision. But just as he reached that spot, Bono averted his eyes to the other side and made a quick move to jump on the stage. Poor Scott must have been heartbroken. I wonder if Bono did it on purpose? I have never heard him mention them at all.

That's what I like about Bono - generally he doesn't tell us all about the bands he hates. I suspect Creed isn't even on his radar.

I would never have thought to compare Stapp to Bono. But then I dont really give much thought these days to any band's off stage antics, even U2's. Musically, I still dont see a comparison. If anything, I would definately compare Creed to Pearl Jam. But again only in sound. That being said, I dont think Pearl Jam are anything remotely like U2.

I may be wrong, but I get the idea that Bono really doesn't like people trying to be him. And I don't blame him!! Its one thing to admire or be inspired by someone, but Come up with your own style & your own personality instead of stealing someone elses identity as your own. Cuz thats lame

*hides blue wraparound glasses and camo-hat*:angel:

Back
Top Bottom