why do "MOST" girls/women

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ahh! you've hit it right on the head man!

There's this girl I absoultely adore. Itell her this and she says she isn't ready right now that past relationships have scarred her.

I look into her past and I can tell you the guys she has gone out with are ALL assholes and losers!! Than I come along and its a shutdown...and I like to think of myself as a nice guy.

So girls like to go out with guys who will hurt them and be just friends with the ones, like me, who would make them the center of their lives and give them the attention they deserve.

its frustraing
VERY much so

hopefully she'll come around...buts its discouraging for me

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

I don't think you can ever say "MOST" of anyone does any certain thing.

I am involved with a "goody goody" guy.
And I am not a "goody goody" girl.

Some girls, not MOST, enjoy a guy who is aggressive because the girls likely have a low self-esteem, and therefore believe they don't deserve respect or genuine love.

Some girls like an aggressive guy because they want a strong personality, or what they perceive as a "real man." What some girls fail to realize is that the real "real men" are wrapped in the "goody goody" packaging.

------------------
chuck me in the shallow water before I get too deep.
carrie@interference.com

In some instances, when you have a past that consists of being mistreated/betrayed/hurt by men, you have poor self esteem and don't believe you deserve a man who will treat you properly.

And when one does treat you properly, maybe you don't know how to react, or don't trust it.

that sounds like a carbon copy of my situation.

the night it all came out she just kept asking me over and over again. "why, why why; why me?" she actually said to me "I don't understand how someone like you can like someone like me"!! That really frustrated me cos she's SOOO amazing and funny and beautiful and everything. If anything I don't deserve her.

Its all complicated. Life gets more and more complicated as you go. oi

I remember that night
I was a wreck; she kissed my hand, said she was sorry, and then got out of the car leaving me there in the dark. And now she's living far away from me...for a while anyway. Coing back in november...
heres to stupid hope!

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

i would objectively say that *most* girls of my age, 20-25, conduct themselves in a similar fashion. it's sad really. i've seen a lot of my friends end up with real assholes. feelings hurt, diseases passed...

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
In some instances, when you have a past that consists of being mistreated/betrayed/hurt by men, you have poor self esteem and don't believe you deserve a man who will treat you properly.

And when one does treat you properly, maybe you don't know how to react, or don't trust it.

There's a feeling of pain and before they've had time to regain happiness/Confidence with themselves, they reach out for something and/or someone else to bring them that happiness. Possibly, not realizing that the guy she goes out with might be a jerk off.

Hang in their Basstrap. Sounds like she's trying to straighten out her emotions.

------------------
"Talent without discipline, is wasted."

It is a great mystery in a conundrum wrapped in a riddle.

I can say that I am not like that and am in the 20-25 age range that Kobi references.

edited becuase I spelled conundrum with a K.
------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

[This message has been edited by ghetofabu (edited 05-22-2002).]

Maybe we should reconstruct the question to be, "Why do really really hot girls always go for the aggressive personalities?" That's usually the way it works out. The really attractive girl is matched up with a bastard who is typically a loser/bastard jerk.

Originally posted by ghetofabu:
am in the 20-25 age range that Kobi references.

edited becuase I spelled conundrum with a K.

most girls i know in the 20-25 age group spell connundrum with a K
icon39.gif

Please tell me where to find these "good" guys. I've been looking for quite a while...and all I can find are the dickheads.

mad.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Originally posted by kobayashi:
most girls i know in the 20-25 age group spell connundrum with a K
icon39.gif

Most guys over the age of 12 spell conNundrum with two n's instead of three.
icon22.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Most guys over the age of 12 spell conNundrum with two n's instead of three.
icon22.gif
biggrin.gif

but the name! the name is still cool right?!

why thank you...but i do take issue with your comment
wink.gif

Well, I?ve yet to have it proved wrong. So until I do, that?s my story and I?m sticking to it.
wink.gif

I've only dated one bad boy- complete and total waste of my time an affection.

Most of the guys I've dated have been the nice guy, a few changed, but they were all nice to begin with.

So, I can't answer your question. I like nice guys. I may even be starting to get a new one. *blush*

but the name! the name is still cool right?!

AAAAWWWWWW YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAA baby. You know it. Has the will been updated?
biggrin.gif

------------------

AAAAWWWWWW YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAA baby. You know it. Has the will been updated?
biggrin.gif

as soon as i pass, which may be sooner rather than later if i don't smarten up
wink.gif
, it's all yours
wink.gif

We could also ask the question why do nice guys involve themselves with shallow, yet good looking, bitches? I've seen enough of that too.

Anyway, I date a guy who is in the military so it's the best of both worlds! A goody goody who knows how to whoop ass.
biggrin.gif

Man! I've been to that site before!
it made me sad, because its SOOO much like my situation. I
ve read quotes on there that could have been taken directly from something she has said.

It all make me sad though because it gives me less hope that I will ever have a chance with her!

Thanks though
smile.gif

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

as soon as i pass, which may be sooner rather than later if i don't smarten up
wink.gif
, it's all yours
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

------------------

well, i donno. all i can say is thats def not me.
i know this one guy, he has to be one of the nicest people on the face of this earth; i wouldn't turn him down! ....but he is single.
maybe us females are slightly confused *shrug*

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Love is...cold steel/Fingers too numb to feel/Squeeze the handle/Blow out the candle
Love is blindness.../A little death/Without mourning/No call/And no warning...

I dreamed of different times, and tried to find my way
Ooooh all the darkest lies, cloud my world today
I'm not unbreakable, although I might pretend
It's not unthinkable that I could feel again

[Thanks Coach P]

....i have a long sig just to piss you off!...

Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways:
We could also ask the question why do nice guys involve themselves with shallow, yet good looking, bitches? I've seen enough of that too.
biggrin.gif

AMEN! Down with the skinny bitches!

Ever pick up one of those sleezy beach trash romance novels? The heroine is usually a virgin goody goody...the hero is a tough bitter man with some kind of tragedgy in his past (or he is an out and out rascal) and the goody goody heroine saves the hero from himself by her love...and his love for her transforms him into a good guy (bleah)

In other words...these wacko girls think they can makes the bastards better! Its a challenge...and it rarely if ever works...its a a fairy tale...

So the goody goody guys should pretend to be bastards...and when you get the girl change back into your normal wonderful self and she will think she is responsible for it...

Of course you relationship will be based on a lie and you are such a good guy you will have to fess up eventually...but hopefully she will forgive you..

And then of course you run the risk of her getting bored and moving on to the next bastard to 'save'....
biggrin.gif

dream wanderer

[This message has been edited by dream wanderer (edited 05-22-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom