Why do MEN drive so much BETTER than WOMEN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
I mean really? Why is it the woman always seems to be the one in control of some big minivan full of screaming kids while she simotaneously does her nails/lipstick/talks on cellphone/checks visor mirror and thinks she has to turn at every single cross street, assuming that you are the poor soul behind her.

They either drive too slow and bog down the flow of traffic with their minivan, or ride your ass and cut people off in the way-too-damn-big-and-ugly Expedition.

Not that I can dance or anything
wink.gif

*hides

[This message has been edited by Spyplane (edited 04-27-2002).]

Well - I am a woman, and a safe driver who only concentrates on driving safe and nothing else, when behind a wheel.

For what it's worth - it's always men I see zipping in and out of traffic, riding our bumpers, running people off the road and driving at excessive speeds.

Still, though, it's not fair to target a specific gender for any infraction in society. We're all guilty of too many things to enumerate and attribute to one gender when griping.

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

I'm a woman and have no problems driving.

I don't tail.

I don't drive too slow. I love the left lane.

I drive my mom's minivan sometimes. I don't think I have to turn at every cross-thingie.

I don't know if your message was meant in good fun or if you're really that bigoted.

Originally posted by Spyplane:
I mean really? Why is it the woman always seems to be the one in control of some big minivan full of screaming kids while she simotaneously does her nails/lipstick/talks on cellphone/checks visor mirror and thinks she has to turn at every single cross street, assuming that you are the poor soul behind her.

They either drive too slow and bog down the flow of traffic with their minivan, or ride your ass and cut people off in the way-too-damn-big-and-ugly Expedition.

Not that I can dance or anything
wink.gif

*hides

[This message has been edited by Spyplane (edited 04-27-2002).]

It sounds like you are saying that all women have minivans that are full of children.
tongue.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Your threading on thin ice there must, in my experience, women tend to be "over-safe", and a little too nervous.

Most accidents I've witnessed involve a woman driver...or if a man... usually caused by his trying to avoid a lady driver...or she slowly creeps out into the middle of an intersection when its a green light...never good!

But that being said...my best friend is a woman and she can outdrive me any day!

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Based on what I have seen:

Men drive recklessly more often (excess speed, unnecessary lane changes)

Women pay less attention to driving more often (talking on cell phone, unaware of posted signs)

It evens out, so in the end, we're all kinda dumb.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Based on what I have seen:

Men drive recklessly more often (excess speed, unnecessary lane changes)

Women pay less attention to driving more often (talking on cell phone, unaware of posted signs)

It evens out, so in the end, we're all kinda dumb.

One thing I have to point out: I see just as many women on their cell phone as men. Sure, women do spend a lot of time talking on the phone, but ever since cell phones have become so easy to buy, men AND women talk a LOT on their cell phones. It isn't just one gender.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Yeah, like men don't drive like idiots sometimes.
rolleyes.gif

Heh, time for me to make another sweeping generalization to get me spammed again!

The reason men dont drive like idiots sometimes is because men ARE idiots ALL the time, and therefore are always doing something stupid, such as cutting someone off, tailgating someone (very dangerous), or some other thing like hmm i dunno going 40-60kph over the speed limit.

Heh, now, lets see how many people call me a traitor to my gender now *grin* come on! I dare ya
wink.gif
la la la

:uglygreentrollwithgiantwoodenclubofdeath:

:flame:

[edit] ok, well my big sentance didnt make sense so uhh... if you dont like it, bite my edit [/edit]

[This message has been edited by ~unforgettableFOXfire~ (edited 04-27-2002).]

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:

:uglygreentrollwithgiantwoodenclubofdeath:

:flame:

[edit] ok, well my big sentance didnt make sense so uhh... if you dont like it, bite my edit [/edit]

[This message has been edited by ~unforgettableFOXfire~ (edited 04-27-2002).]

*GROWLS
*BITES
*you run away like Newman

------------------
I want you to know
That you don't need me anymore...

i dont know about other countries but in australia male drivers under 25 have the most accidents and therefore insurance is higher for them.

its not a gender thing. its a people thing. there are bad drivers male and female.

excuse me while i fix my lippy.

SICY, get outta here now!!!!

You are supposed to be having FUN this weekend!!!!

Leave NOW and never look back (till monday or whenever) or deal with MY WRATH!!!!

GO
GET
GO
GET
NOW!!!!!

We drive weird cuz we're all trying to avoid YOU!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Well....since we opened our insurance investigation business in 1994, we have investigated roughly 1800 traffic accidents and men tend to outnumber women very, very slightly as far as being found at fault for the accident.

Men tend to get into accidents because of speeding, trying to pass slower drivers, running red lights and driving while intoxicated.

Women, on the other hand, tend to get into accidents because of inattention i.e. cell phones, turning around to yell at children, looking down to find something in their purses and touching up their make-up. They also tend to, um, how can I say this nicely, make up their own traffic rules
smile.gif
We just investigated a case of a 20 year old on her way to class, speeding, with a cup of yogurt in her left hand and a spoon in her right hand. She was also driving an unregistered vehicle but that's beside the point.

Believe it or not, in the cases we have handled, we also have a higher ratio of female drivers who have fled the scene of an accident compared to males who have done this.

And, the majority of females in the accident cases that have come through our office have been, on average, 38, married, 2 to 3 children in the vehicle, which almost always happens to be a mini-van or SUV.

So, I'm sorry and I know I'm offending a majority of the female drivers out there, but I do have to agree with Spyplane about the mini-van driving females.

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 04-29-2002).]

Hmmm....
I think the insurance companies have spoken their mind about this.
At least here in Sweden (and Australia too according to Zooropamanda) women have to pay less for their insurance since they are less involved in accidents. We have the same satistics here, male under 25 are the ones who causes most accidents.

Just for fun, drivers I don't like, is those who drives Volvo models 240, 740, mainly. Everytime you end up in a line of cars, the first car is a Volvo driving very, very slow.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Men tend to get into accidents because of speeding, trying to pass slower drivers, running red lights and driving while intoxicated.

Women, on the other hand, tend to get into accidents because of inattention i.e. cell phones, turning around to yell at children, looking down to find something in their purses and touching up their make-up.

AHA!!!
[billy madison]I am the smartest man alive!!![/billy madison]

------------------

I get scared when my dad drives or when my boyfriend drives. Niether one uses turn signals and they drive like assholes. That's why I don't pay nearly as much in insurance as they do.

I admit I'm not a great driver, I tend to be nervous and I don't have great night vision.

oh yeah, I drive a tiny neon, not a big ass Expedition.

[This message has been edited by WildHoneyAlways (edited 04-29-2002).]

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Apparently Czechs are the worst in the world.

Don't they also drink more per capita than any other country in the world?

------------------

Back
Top Bottom