why do i know nothing about death from above 1979?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
i don't have as much time to explore music anymore since i no longer have access to highspeed internet...

so help me out here, i've heard about them for ages, but i've never really heard anything by them.

are they worth the hype?

what should i download.

don't make me come after you, tell me now.

I've been hearing some voices say they suck and some voices say they rule.

I will consult Jack In The Box on this because she seems to know them better than most people here.

I've only heard a few songs. I liked them, but nothing really stuck. Guess I need to do some more research on them too.

yertle-the-turtle said:

I will consult Jack In The Box on this because she seems to know them better than most people here.

:rockon:

maybe they aren't original, but they are noisy indeed

"You're A Woman, I'm A Machine" is one of my favorite albums of 2004, is fast, rocker, and... a need for kick someone's ass invades myself

two guys with bass, drums and synth making rock, that's enough for me

i've heard most of the album, and it's pretty good straightup rock, but nothing life altering. not so sure it quite justifies the hype it's getting. btw, they are going to opening some of the dates for the nin/qotsa fall tour, so they should be getting some major exposure.

on a side note, there are too many bands with only two people!

fair enough, thanks people.

which songs should i check out? i can't remember the video i saw a few months ago...

and why'd they add 1979 to the end? :angry:

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:
fair enough, thanks people.

which songs should i check out? i can't remember the video i saw a few months ago...

and why'd they add 1979 to the end? :angry:
the video you saw was probably 'romantic rights' which is the one that i like. :sexywink:

they had to add 1979 to the end, because death from above records was going to sue them, i think. they put out a few ep's under the 'death from above' name, though.

happy? :angry:

I'm on a personal mission to seek out any music that Elvis Presley passes on.

Yes. I enjoy the challenge of an easy mission.

:sexywink:

zoney! said:
saw em live tonight....don't bother.

Well now I'm even less looking forward to them opening for QOTSA and Nails later this year. :madspit:

...and this is not to offend you or anyone...but they just weren't my style...

They had a lot of energy, but the guys voice sucks (live).

I still like "You're a Woman, I'm a Machine" :hmm: I play it a lot when I'm alone at home

MAAAN! All the hate for DFA!!??

They rock(ed). I'm really sad to hear the news that they broke up.

Just 2 guys, a bassist and a drummer/singer. They are amazing...

If you are still looking... try out 'Black History Month' and 'Blood on our Hands'. But the whole Woman/Machine album is kickass.

Since this thread got a bump somewhere along the line, I suppose I'll do no harm mentioning that I loved and still love the song 'blood on our hands'. Not enough to risk buying an album, though, because its just one song, but I thought it was great.

Back
Top Bottom