Why do celebrities usually only date other celebrities? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2007, 12:56 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:02 PM
I agree. Normal people and celebrities should date one another. And we should start with Me dating Jenny Lewis. Right now.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:02 PM

Old 02-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #18
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:02 PM
you tend to date/marry people who you're around, as opposed to those who you aren't around.

there's plenty of stories of celebs hookin' up with backup dancers, makeup artists, etc. these are the "common folk" of the celeb circle.

if you make a ton of money you just don't hang out at the same places that joe schmo hangs out with and vice versa, so you never really have that chance, unless of course it's the same person you were with in college or high school, ala that boner guy from some irish band.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Kate Beckinsale, if you can hear me, I didn't mean those things I said...

If you would just remove the restraining order I'm sure I can make you the happiest woman on earth!
Old 02-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #20
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:02 AM
I do see your points about the 'social circles'.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:27 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

I have wondered about this since I was a kid. I always guessed the reason was because they were 'equals' both financially and socially and they understood the life the other lived because they live it too. I guess they think this makes for a better relationship than they could have with a 'regular' person. SO WHY IS THE DAMN BREAKUP AND DIVORCE RATE SO HIGH AMONG CELEBRITIES??!!

Maybe they fight over money and egos, or cheating with other celebrities. One other guess I had, about movie stars in particular, is that sometimes when they fall in love on the set of a movie, maybe in a way it's the character they are falling for and not the real person. Once they get the real person home and have to live with him/her, they don't like them as much as the character?

Most people who are married before they get famous end up dumping their old 'regular' love as soon as they hit the big time. Bono and Larry deserve a BIG amount of praise for still being with their high school sweethearts from the old neighborhood after all that money and fame! (And it wasn't Edge's fault he and Aislinn broke up, it was hers, so we can't blame him. I am unsure if you can categorize Morleigh a 'celebrity' just for being the tour belly dancer?)

And a big to Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day for marrying a FAN, yes a fan, and sticking with her! Now isn't that every fangirl's dream?

One final thought: Once people are 'loaded' maybe they look upon 'regular' people as only after them for the money, or to further their career. I know he's not 'that' famous but Star Wars actor Hayden Christensen (Anakin) said he'd been hurt twice by girls he dated after they had publically admitted they didn't even like him, they only wanted to be seen with him to help their (alleged) modeling careers. So that must happen a lot too.

Heiress Doris Duke lived a long, lonely life because her father convinced her no one would ever love her for anything but her money so she shut everyone out.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:35 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

I think a big reason for the divorce rate among celebs is because of their schedules. If you took "normal" couples where one or both was constantly traveling, often living in new cities or new countries every few months, I'm sure you'd find a higher divorce rate in that demographic as well. It may be that celebs are just more self-centered and immature, but I think it's mostly that their lifestyle and careers don't leave a lot of room for developing committed relationships.

My dad is now in a job where he travels nonstop. Good thing he just started getting into this now after decades of marriage and no more little kids, otherwise I don't think my mom would have put up with it for long. My sis is the only one still at home and she's going to college in August, so luckily my mom only has her to deal with, but she still complains nonstop about my dad never being around.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
I know he's not 'that' famous but Star Wars actor Hayden Christensen (Anakin) said he'd been hurt twice by girls he dated after they had publically admitted they didn't even like him, they only wanted to be seen with him to help their (alleged) modeling careers. So that must happen a lot too.
Plus he's gay so he may have been hurt by these women's lack of a certain body part.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:02 PM
The U2 boys have "normal" wives...
Bon Jovi
Bruce Springsteen (kind of)
Pierce Brosnan
Brandon Flowers from the Killers married his girlfriend
All the guys from Aerosmith (well now Steven is divorced but she wasn't famous)

I'll think of more...
Old 02-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I think the movie stars do it partly for promotion and publicity.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:49 PM   #26
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Plus he's gay so he may have been hurt by these women's lack of a certain body part.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:02 PM   #27
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by yeter
Matt Damon's wife Luciana is not famous or even in the business. She was working as a bartender when they met.
I remember that story.

Nicolas Cage is currently married to a relative nobody, isn't he? There are quite a few of them. Pierce Brosnan's first wife was a nobody, too, wasn't she?
Old 02-20-2007, 06:14 PM   #28
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:02 AM
robin williams and mel gibson. their wives are no bodies.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:02 PM
Celebs go to parties where other celebs go, like if i go to a college party there be people from college there too.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
No he's not, he just gets accused of it. I'm a real SW fan (geek) and I read a lot about him. If he were gay, he'd be seen with guys, and he isn't seen with anyone really. He did have a fling with Sienna Miller filming Factory Girl. There are pics of him entering a hotel room with her, making out seen in pics nosily taken through the windows, and her coming out the next morning dressed only in his sweater

Quote:
Bon Jovi
Bruce Springsteen (kind of)
Yes Bon Jovi is still with his high school sweetie too

Springsteen is not so nice. His current wife, Patti, was a backup singer in his band. He was married to actress Julianne Phillips and cheated with Patti, breaking up the marriage.