why do cats like pants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
yeah, you heard me right. :tongue:

i forgot about this cuz it's been so long since i've worn pants (i wear shorts as long as the temp's like 60+ degrees). my cat goes ballistic when i wear pants, she's always sniffing the legs. i don't stink (i even just got out of the shower and these pants are brand new and have been washed like once but this is the first time i've worn them) and she's like constantly sniffing the legs of my pants? does anyone else have a crazy cat? :coocoo:

this is the culprit:
sunnie.jpg

i wonder if all tabbies do this, lol. my youngest one, tabitha, is at the vet's getting fixed right now.

My kitties sniff everything as well. We let them do whatever they want, though.

We :heart: them more than anything.

Seriously though -

I think they are sniffing your pants alot bc they're something different, and the cats are naturally curious. They are territorial and protective, and they probably just want to check everything out.

:shrug:

YESH I love kitties...

She's adorable!

She's prob like, "Hey....what happened to her legs????? Why are they all material-like?????"

:laugh:

u2loopy said:
She's prob like, "Hey....what happened to her legs????? Why are they all material-like?????"
:laugh:

this kittie is seven years old, it's funny, but she still acts like a kitten. she still squeaks and everything. she's not that much bigger than our kitten tabitha. i think sunnie (that's her name) weighs like, i think they said 7 pounds, i forget.

she's so pretty, she has green almond-shaped eyes. tabitha has pretty caramel eyes. they look so similar sometimes i have to take a second look to make sure it's the right cat. :huh:

anyway, yeah, i was thinking it was more of a curiosity thing, since even during the winter, i usually wear shorts unless i have to go outside. i need to live in florida or california or something, lol.

I have 4 cats, and they are interested in EVERYTHING. One of my cats (Whiskers) also feels the need to lick everything. :huh:

One of my cats loves bleach, I cannot clean anything without her desperately trying to rub all over the bleached area, and lick it. Also if there's still the smell of bleach on my hand, she freaks out and tries to bite me and rub all over my hands. Anyone else have a bleach obsessed cat? I know someone who's cat licks photographs too.

I like to wear really baggy pants with large leg openings and when I'm standing my cat likes to crawl under them and play with my feet, lol. He also "attacks" my ankles when I'm going up and down stairs. Cats are so great though, and as much as I hate to to do it, cleaning the litterbox is worth all the joy and mirth my cat has given me. :happy: :cute:

LizardU2 said:
I like to wear really baggy pants with large leg openings and when I'm standing my cat likes to crawl under them and play with my feet, lol.
that's funny, cuz tabitha will sit by our feet if my mom or i are wearing a dress or skirt. it's funny, cuz we'll feel this little ball of fur by our feet...

i miss her :sad: i hope she doesn't get all :coocoo: after the operation. i get her back tomorrow, yay! :D

i love taking pictures of my cats

the pant sniffer:
33587%3A8323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E2323347684484ot1lsi

i don't think she looks seven:
33587%3A8323232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E2323347684485ot1lsi

our little patient:
33587%3A8323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E2323347684486ot1lsi

she looks scary here:
33587%3A8323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E23233476844%3C8ot1lsi

her curled up next to my kitty, which i never thought would happen:
33587%3A8323232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E23233476844%3C7ot1lsi

my kitty and jonathan curled up sleeping :cute::
33587%3A8323232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E2323347684483ot1lsi

KhanadaRhodes said:
these pants are brand new and have been washed like once

That's the reason right there. They're new + washed. It's a new smell. If I want my cat to stop sleeping on my pillow (so I don't end up with a cat-hairy pillow), I put a clean t-shirt or something wherever I want him to go and he goes right to it and then that's his favorite place for a few days until he catches a whiff of the next new-smelling thing. Just like when someone comes over and puts their coat on a chair. You can go "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2...1!!!" and at the count of one he is curling up on that coat.

Your cats are soooo cute!!! I hope everything went okay with your cat that was at the vet. My cat was really sick a couple of months, he was in the vet for like a week, I was a nervous wreck! My cat is like a child to me, and a good friend too.

joyfulgirl said:
That's the reason right there. They're new + washed. It's a new smell.
:laugh: i see. btw, i'm glad you like the pant sniffer. :D

LizardU2 said:
Your cats are soooo cute!!! I hope everything went okay with your cat that was at the vet. My cat was really sick a couple of months, he was in the vet for like a week, I was a nervous wreck! My cat is like a child to me, and a good friend too.
i'm glad you like them :wink:

tabitha's doing fine, they said she'd be a little bit out of it. :lmao: the only odd thing she's done since we picked her up was she squeaked the entire time we were coming home (she used to squeak all the time when we had to have her quarantined when she was sick, but after she was out she never made a peep). she's been running all over the house and stuff. the only thing she's not done that she usually does, is pounce on the other cats, which i think is cuz she's got staples from where they were working on her.

Back
Top Bottom