Why did you pick your screen name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosSaint

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I see some interesting screen names here. Since what we choose to call ourselves often says something personal about is,
why did you choose the screen name you did? What did you want it to say about you?

"Verte" is a feminized version of the Old French word for "green". In the medieval re-enactment group I'm in we use the Old French words for heraldric colors for our "devices", or coats-of-arms, just as the College of Heralds in England still does. 76 is a reference to my country's birthyear, 1776.

My given name, Gretchen, means 'pearl'. When I dabbled in belly dance some years ago I took the Arabic word for pearl, 'najeena' as my dance name. I keep it as a screen name now.

My name is based off of a joke Bono made saying someday he would record an all religious album and name it Bono Vox Superstar, playing on the whole Jesus Christ Superstar thing. But when I was signing up it wouldn't let me spell out superstar, saying it was too long so I shortened it to supastar. Of course since then I've seen people with longer names so I don't know what was going on.

neutral said:
I chose this name awhile back because I don't like to get caught in the middle of things or to argue. And I tend to get really upset by conflict.

...and I'm in FYM. :crack:

...and you're a mod! ;)

I chose mine because of, obviously, U2 and cats. My cat had kittens in the computer box next to the computer right before I registered and I was looking down at them sucking off of her when I made my name.

i've had several usernames on here before i decided to go with my current username. also my real name.

one username i had on here was nellie- old childhood nickname which has been shortened to nells by my sister and rest of family. when i was younger my sis called me nellie because of the show little house on the prairie. i snitched alot, i guess.

another name i had waaaay before i posted was bonosgrrl. yes...yes i was the original:wink:

other names i have are netwhore, and catatonicbish. my brother called me a netwhore once, because i spent so much time online. he meant no harm by it. then i chose the name catatonicbish because at times i have a hard time trying to speak up, so i would just say fuck it and not say anything but a million thoughts would be ranting thru my head.

Bonochick said:
I like Bono. I'm a chick.

Now, see, I thought your name implied that you thought Bono was a chicken?

:eyebrow:

bonochicken.jpg

Bonochick said:
I get called Bonochicken at another forum. :mad: :lol:

:lmao:

Aw, I'm assuming the people at that forum aren't fond of him, then. Poor Bono!

Bono chicken scares me :no: and Cleasai's sig terrifies me :yikes: not only does it have my IP it says 'may I pet your kitty?' like it knows I have cats!

U2Kitten said:
not only does it have my IP it says 'may I pet your kitty?' like it knows I have cats!

Mine says "I can smell your brain". :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom