Why did you pick your screen name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sallycinnamon78 said:

We'd never have guessed that by your name!:wink:

you'd be surprised how dense people can be

;)

it took me probably a year to figure out ABEL = adam bono edge larry

:der:

"irvine" -- author of _trainspotting_, Irvine Welsh; i wrote my senior thesis on the novel, and am still living out the consequences
"511" -- i am 5 feet 11 inches tall.

my real name has nothing to do with my screen name. but my first name is Bono's middle name.

icelle said:
another name i had waaaay before i posted was bonosgrrl. yes...yes i was the original

you can tell it, sister, but no one's listening. :angry:

as for me, the drink made me do it. true story.

I chose it because back when I joined I couldn't get enough of "The Sweetest Thing" and I chose it because of that line that says "Blue eyed boy needs a brown eyed girl".

Since then I've wanted to change it but haven't because I don't want to be a Babyface again. :reject:

I was watching an episode of Buffy on TV a few years ago and it amused me how a character on the show, Cordelia, had a licence plate that read "Queen C." I remember thinking that it would be cool to get a customized licence plate like that when I'd get a car, except that it'd be a 'B' for my first initial. So, I ended up using "Queen B" as my alias at a few message boards. When I registered here I decided to change it to "Queen Bee" because I thought it was clever. I've grown to hate my screen name though. :|

originally salome999 - salome cos it was an obvious female name and a U2 song. 999 - cos if turned around its 666. NO- I was never an evil dancing temptress asking for the head of anyone on a silver platter.

at the start of 2000 - i changed it to U2000 (for the punny value) THEN that damn magazine (Rolling Stone) used it on the cover. I think they saw my screen name.

(I woulda used my real name.... but too many people pronounce it wrong.) ;)

Mucca= cow in Italian
After travelling in Europe I became obsessed with italian and cows are cool so there you go :)

I have pretty much the same story as Beli - my usual username of Vicious was taken so I opted for an old BowieNet chat nick, since it's close to a U2 song name and I wear a lot of velvet clothing. Now I call myself Ultra at all U2 forums so as not to confuse things.

:huh: Except me - I always have to check what my forum log in is, when signing off on posts LOL! Got it wrong loads of times in the beginning. heh

Funny thing - there's a Vicious on a Muse forum who actually posts, which drives me nuts - I keep seeing his posts and having "!WTF?!? I didn't say that! Oh, hang on, who am I again?" moments!

Cheers ~Ultra

Jack In The Box said:
is an old U2 song

*and I'm a girl :angry:

:ohmy:

:eek:

i'm sorry, this is especially funny since so many people have thought i was a guy for a long time, i have to admit i thought you were a guy. :reject:

hahahahaha
yeah, IWB, I definitely thought you were a guy. Laura (LaraMullen) told me you were a chick and I was sooooooo suprised. punk, and especially skinhead punk, is such a hyper-masculine culture that i tend to associate it with men (although i love oi! and other skinhead music -esp. ska & reggae- and i'm a chick too, so go figure).

back to topic, um...
i picked my name b/c i'm a punk and i play tennis. yes those 2 things are a wee bit incongruous i guess, but my biggest gripe with the punk scene is how fucking conformist they all are.

IWasBored said:

i'm sorry, this is especially funny since so many people have thought i was a guy for a long time, i have to admit i thought you were a guy. :reject:

My name is my license plate.... :D

It's a 'play on word' really, b/c unless you know me you wouldn't know what it means.. People think it's 1 for you 2!

I picked my username because it sounded cool and wasn't taken.

And then there was the unexpected surprise of the many derivatives like simplekitten, junglecatwhoisnotdifficult, easypussy, etc...

My screen name here is my name--totally unoriginal!

But in other forums, I'm librarydiane--because I'm studying for an MLS and want to be a librarian sometime in the not too distant future. I'm thinking of changing it here, too...:hmm:

My reason is pretty simple, Mandy Marie is my first and middle names. My mother named me after the famous Barry Manilow song (it was only recently that I first heard the song).

GibsonGirl said:

Now, see, I thought your name implied that you thought Bono was a chicken?

:eyebrow:

bonochicken.jpg

:no: :lmao:

tennispunk said:
hahahahaha
yeah, IWB, I definitely thought you were a guy. Laura (LaraMullen) told me you were a chick and I was sooooooo suprised. punk, and especially skinhead punk, is such a hyper-masculine culture that i tend to associate it with men (although i love oi! and other skinhead music -esp. ska & reggae- and i'm a chick too, so go figure).

back to topic, um...
i picked my name b/c i'm a punk and i play tennis. yes those 2 things are a wee bit incongruous i guess, but my biggest gripe with the punk scene is how fucking conformist they all are.

people thought i was a guy even when i was still posting in PLEBA. and i listened to about half of what i listen to now. :shrug:

IWasBored said:

:( :angry:

when I see your screen name for first time I thought you were a girl... and actually you are, but also I thought tennispunk were a guy... now I know the truth

Back
Top Bottom