Why did Robert Plant snub the Grammy's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeafsNation

The Fly
It took only 35 years for Zeppelin to get recognized at the Grammy's, and all Plant could do was send a video message (and he used it to promote his new album of all places). Jimmy Page appeared to be genuinely excited about finally getting some official recognition, and Jon Paul Jones and John Bonham's kids showed up as well. While there's a lot of B.S that comes out of the Grammy's, a Lifetime Achievement award is their way of saying, "Yeah, we screwed up big time, so let's get it right now".

Page and Jones were willing to forgive the past. What's Plant's damage?

Maybe he was returning the favor? Snubbing them one night for 35 years of snubbery isn't too bad.

I consider the Grammys to be next to worthless. Perhaps Plant shares this view.

Well, if I was being given a lifetime achievement award and then shown on tv for about 15 seconds, I wouldn't bother showing up either. :wink:

trevster2k said:
Well, if I was being given a lifetime achievement award and then shown on tv for about 15 seconds, I wouldn't bother showing up either. :wink:
Exactly...what an honor for Page and Jones to get a quick camera shot of them sitting in the audience...big friggin' whoop-de-doo.

Hewson said:

Exactly...what an honor for Page and Jones to get a quick camera shot of them sitting in the audience...big friggin' whoop-de-doo.

Jimmy Page sure looked happy...looked like a freakin 10 year old girl going to her first ballet recital or something.....

but then again this is the man who "colaborated" with puff daddy to ruin kashmir.
bastard.

Back
Top Bottom