Why, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Celcius measurement is sort of absurd. Isn't it a lot easier to understand that when something is near triple digits it is hot and single digits mean it is really cold? Celcius seems overly complicated. /rant
I know I'm behind, but...

Celcius, complicated?? :lol: Have you SEEN the imperial system?!

Well if we use that argument, what's the use in measuring temperature at all :lol:

In any case, freezing and boiling point give obvious markers to set degree divisions by.

And I'd say it is damn important to have them as obvious points in the measuring system; I mean, when you're cooking, 100 is an obvious and convenient temperature.

In any case, freezing and boiling point give obvious markers to set degree divisions by.

And I'd say it is damn important to have them as obvious points in the measuring system; I mean, when you're cooking, 100 is an obvious and convenient temperature.

To be fair though, when you're cooking do you actually stick a thermometer in the water or do you just say, "ooh Pretty bubbles?"

That was one big mindfuck for me when I was in TN. It's what, 10 hours? or something to the sea. That's the furthest I've been inland in my life! Even in Australia, the furthest I've gone is St George in Outback Queensland, eight hours from the coast. And St George FEELS like it's wildly inland, what with all the red earth and barrenness and shit. But Franklin? I couldn't believe I couldn't just hop in the car and be at the ocean in half an hour.
I KNOW!!!!! i'm not sure whether it's faster to go souf or east. i've been directly (more or less) south to the ocean in alabama. that was an eight hour drive. east would be north carolina...i have no idea how far that'd be. probably about the same, i think it takes six hours to drive through tennessee.

and i'd lived by the beach my whole life! at one point in cape canaveral i could WALK to the beach. it was fantastic. plus we had peacocks in our front yard and a pool. i still remember that rental house :heart: although it had some bad things though. we were walking to the beach one time and came across a scorpion!! :yikes: and the house reeked of wet dog, and there was uhhh...i'll just say a bug outside on my bedroom window. so i couldn't sleep in my bed. i bet my parents were glad when we moved! :uhoh:

believe me, i wish i was 30 minutes from the ocean :sad: or less!! i'd love to be closer.

i will say I like our measuring systems better (quarts, gallons and such) but when it comes to temps and distance, I think Metric's got it right.

How come you prefer your liquid measurements? They seem just as confusing as distance measurements.

If it's not in multiples of ten, it should just be thrown in the rubbish bin of history as an outdated, archaic system, as far as I'm concerned. Metric for the sensible SuperWin.

Wow, I am so far behind. Ranting is time-consuming!

I don't know the names of all their albums... I'm told Listen Like Thieves is very good, and I'd also like the one that has Suicide Blonde on it, if that's not it. But I want to get everything eventually... I'm happy to leave it to your judgement :wink:

Thank you!!

:drool:
:lol: i know what you mean! i'm behind too now.

oooh yes, listen like thieves is good. and the one with suicide blonde is x. i can send those to you and go from there :D

To be fair though, when you're cooking do you actually stick a thermometer in the water or do you just say, "ooh Pretty bubbles?"

I turn the knob around to 100 and wait for it to heat up. :wink:

This is where I live:
acoephotoofmcharbor.jpg

No, that's not a nuclear power plant, fucker, polluting the air and what not :( And it's such an eyesore on the lake, and it's not like we get a discount on power for housing it either *angryfistshake*

You're an idiot if you think that. Anybody who doesn't convert to metric is an impractical idiot, really. There's no logical reason NOT to use metric. 0 is freezing, 100 is boiling. How more simple and clear do you want? I mean, 32 as freezing? What kind of fucking sense does that make?

No wonder people think Americans are backward; they still cling to an outdated, illogical, worthless measurement system.

Damn us Americans and are inferior mathematics and grammar. :wink:

Seriously though, I think using Celcius for scientific purposes is logical but for just talking about the weather everyone should use the system we have here. It is like how for science purposes animals have latin names but for everyday communication we just use their common names.

How come you prefer your liquid measurements? They seem just as confusing as distance measurements.

If it's not in multiples of ten, it should just be thrown in the rubbish bin of history as an outdated, archaic system, as far as I'm concerned. Metric for the sensible SuperWin.
:heart:

i've never been able to remember imperial conversions for liquid. not even when i was in school. i can't tell you how many cups are in a quart or gallon unless i look it up in a cookbook, or google it.

yes :sigh: oh well, i'm glad the record seemed to have bombed. serves them right.
Hahaha! Phail. One feels somewhat better. It would have sucked if that album had been massively popular, after all that selling out.

i know! oooh and i forgot about her!! she was hot. i remember saying i'd go gay for her :whistle: but i was thinking of the blonde girl. suzy!! that was her name. i forget the dread girl's name. it was weird.

Aah, I think I remember Suzy. She was cool.

One of my (female) housemates has said she'd go gay for Angelina Jolie.

I think I like liquid the most because I memorized them easiest, I dont' know if it's ease of use, or more so that I'd have a harder time switching from them then the others

Hahaha! Phail. One feels somewhat better. It would have sucked if that album had been massively popular, after all that selling out.

Aah, I think I remember Suzy. She was cool.

One of my (female) housemates has said she'd go gay for Angelina Jolie.
exactly! it's immature, but oh well :D

yeah :up:
oooh, angelina jolie. she's hot :drool:

You said you were sober!

I was then. I meant that I won't be doing karaoke again if I can help it, which means I won't be doing it sober again. :wink:

And since I've never been drunk... the world does not need to hear me butchering songs that have already been butchered by the karaoke machine.

I should confess, I actually do all my model railway stuff in Imperial. This is mainly due to the fact that most model railway publications are either 1. American or 2. English or Aussie that began publication prior to metrification and haven't bothered to change. So it's a matter of convenience there. Only non-English speaking parts of the hobby/industry have gone metric.

But really, that's just using feet and inches and nothing more. I couldn't tell you how many feet are in a mile. 2,700 and something, or something moronic like that?

OH SHIT

i'm listening to music and someone signed off im and it made a noise and scared the crap out of me. you'd think i wouldn't be startled by that. i guess i'm getting tired :hmm:

acoephotoofmcharbor.jpg

This! Is where I live

And guys, Photobucket says you can edit your pictures with a Paris Hilton photo editor now OHHH SnAPZ :hyper: :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom