Why, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't want it to rain here, we've had soooo much rain! i want to make sure all the water's receded before i go exploring :hmm:

I realize that it's rained far too much in Indiana this summer (we were a disaster area for a while apparently) but the rain is necessary, or this damn humidity won't go away. This is why I hate the summer, I don't know how anyone can love this damned season. Sure the few days that it's not sticky hot it's nice out, but come on, the muggy humid days far outnumber the nice ones. .. at least in Indiana.

You're gunning for the 300, aren't you Khan? :laugh:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 908
User Name Posts
KhanadaRhodes 269
Axver 173
Alisaura 139
bono_212 87
LemonMacPhisto 47
gluey 34
cinnaminson 24
coolian2 21
mysterious_jen 21
Screwtape2 17
phillyfan26 15
RavenBlue 12
RegularBonoFan 11
Angela Harlem 9
No spoken words 9
LemonMelon 7
corianderstem 5
unico 5
phanan 1
HermitMcDermitt 1
WildHoney 1

exactly! i think they just said that bullshit to make themselves sleep better at night. and i watched it religiously too, don't feel bad. i will NEVER FORGET....i taped the show so my mom and i could watch it when she got home from work. i was posting on interference and some fucker spoiled THE FINALE for me!! after i'd said before to not spoil it. :sigh:
To ease their sleep, or else to sucker in the record-buying/TV-watching/Hutch-mourning public. Or both.

ARGH!! I HATE people who can't stop themselves from giving spoilers. I was in the communal lounge room at halls at Uni when someone gave away the end of Sixth Sense... thank god I'd already seen it, but there was nearly a lynching. :madwife:

yeah, i agree. it's very commercial, while managing to suck at the same time :hmm:
I admit, I've only heard that song they did on the show, and maybe bits of a couple of others on the radio, before I've stuck my fingers in my ears or run away or changed the station or something. And that was more than enough. :yuck:

now, i wasn't too fond of marty at all. he looked like the long lost hansen brother to me :uhoh: i liked mig though. and that blonde chick who made it pretty far.
... :lol: I can see what you mean... but once I got over that, and the freaky robot stage moves, I reckon he rocked the fuck out.

Wish I could remember that chick's name...! Do you mean the one with the dreads that was in the final three? Or am I hallucinating....

and i hate kirk too! ugh. and his weakstache annoyed me to no end on that show. he reminded me of colonel sanders' son :hmm:
Weakstache... :lmao: So true!!

hehe, i hear you! it touched a nerve with me. i don't know when i'll stop being so ranty about it :uhoh:
Nevarrrr!! Grudge-holding INXS rants 4eva!! :rant:

Maintain your rage!! :mad:

hehe, i know! i hate it. and there's no ocean for hours and hours, so i don't even have that relief.

That was one big mindfuck for me when I was in TN. It's what, 10 hours? or something to the sea. That's the furthest I've been inland in my life! Even in Australia, the furthest I've gone is St George in Outback Queensland, eight hours from the coast. And St George FEELS like it's wildly inland, what with all the red earth and barrenness and shit. But Franklin? I couldn't believe I couldn't just hop in the car and be at the ocean in half an hour.

I think the Celcius measurement is sort of absurd. Isn't it a lot easier to understand that when something is near triple digits it is hot and single digits mean it is really cold? Celcius seems overly complicated. /rant

I dont' know I mean come on 0 = Freezing 100 = Boiling...makes some sense ya know.

32 = Freezing 212 = Boiling, not so much.

I think the Celcius measurement is sort of absurd. Isn't it a lot easier to understand that when something is near triple digits it is hot and single digits mean it is really cold? Celcius seems overly complicated. /rant
:hmm: well the good thing about celsius is for water, the freezing/boiling point are so easy to figure out. 0/100, as opposed to 32/212. i mean come on...212? how random.

i'm sure if i only used celsius, i'd figure out quickly what's hot. i know once it's in the 30s, that means it's getting warm. and 40s is just unbearable.

Ax will agree with me here I'm sure.

I dislike the summer because of the sunburn. I have an un-even car tan. When everyone else is sunbaking I cower in the shade like a vampire. :angry:

Yep. And since I can't even tan, I just get nasty, horrible sunburn and suffer. To hell with summer!

:sexywink: tomorrow when i'm back on my main comp i'll send you some stuff :D

anything in particular you want?

Wow, I am so far behind. Ranting is time-consuming!

I don't know the names of all their albums... I'm told Listen Like Thieves is very good, and I'd also like the one that has Suicide Blonde on it, if that's not it. But I want to get everything eventually... I'm happy to leave it to your judgement :wink:

Thank you!!

:drool:

You're an idiot if you think that. Anybody who doesn't convert to metric is an impractical idiot, really. There's no logical reason NOT to use metric. 0 is freezing, 100 is boiling. How more simple and clear do you want? I mean, 32 as freezing? What kind of fucking sense does that make?

No wonder people think Americans are backward; they still cling to an outdated, illogical, worthless measurement system.

I hate being anywhere else in the US really because I've lived on such a huge lake all my life. And I see all these little lakes around and I just look at them and sigh and call them "Posers"

< Lake Hater.

i will say I like our measuring systems better (quarts, gallons and such) but when it comes to temps and distance, I think Metric's got it right.

and yes TO HELL WITH SUMMER!

Fair enough. Is it really that important to know when it is freezing and when it is boiling, though? Couldn't you tell that it is really, really hot or cold? :wink:

Well if we use that argument, what's the use in measuring temperature at all :lol:

To ease their sleep, or else to sucker in the record-buying/TV-watching/Hutch-mourning public. Or both.
yes :sigh: oh well, i'm glad the record seemed to have bombed. serves them right.

ARGH!! I HATE people who can't stop themselves from giving spoilers. I was in the communal lounge room at halls at Uni when someone gave away the end of Sixth Sense... thank god I'd already seen it, but there was nearly a lynching. :madwife:
i know! i mean, i gave fair warning. it's not too much to ask for people to not do that. the west coast hadn't even seen it yet, so it's not like it was a long time after. :tsk:

I admit, I've only heard that song they did on the show, and maybe bits of a couple of others on the radio, before I've stuck my fingers in my ears or run away or changed the station or something. And that was more than enough. :yuck:
oh yeah, pretty vegas. and i heard uhhh...some other song. a ballad. it sucked.

... :lol: I can see what you mean... but once I got over that, and the freaky robot stage moves, I reckon he rocked the fuck out.

Wish I could remember that chick's name...! Do you mean the one with the dreads that was in the final three? Or am I hallucinating....
:lol: he was just so....i hated his song trees. it was emo. to this day, if i get going at a restaurant about that song, i grab a knife and pretend to slit my wrists while singing it. yes, at a restaurant :lol:

i know! oooh and i forgot about her!! she was hot. i remember saying i'd go gay for her :whistle: but i was thinking of the blonde girl. suzy!! that was her name. i forget the dread girl's name. it was weird.

Weakstache... :lmao: So true!!

Nevarrrr!! Grudge-holding INXS rants 4eva!! :rant:

Maintain your rage!! :mad:
i know! queen bee (rip) coined the term and it was just perfect.

:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom