Why, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shifty: AX!! There's an incredible Train doco on RIGHT NOW and goes ALL NIGHT!!! :yes:

:shifty: :shh: That should do it for you Ali :yes: :giggle:

:lol:

Thanks anyway... but I think he can post and watch TV at the same time.

HEY AX! There's a super mega-rare steam train leaving from Spencer St in half an hour!! You can make if it you leave RIGHT NOW!!

... wait, why do I want to be a bigger postwhore than him?!

I'm not too bothered by parmesan, but sometimes it's a bit unappealling on the nose.

Want to share that story? :wink:

:shrug: Ok. I don't like Parmesan. It smells like vomit. End of story. :lol:

Actually I was up the Sky Tower today and we all walked past the stairs that take you to the cafe up there......ALL you could smell was Parmesan and the kids all wanted to know who vomited. Can't stand it unless it's done like they used to do in Sizzler - thick slice of bread, butter and parmesan - lightly toasted :drool:

Nope, it's school holidays and the next board meeting isn't until 30th July.....:grumpy: I soooo wanna see her fry. I have a suitable stake in my back yard. :shifty:

Stake, then fried with garlic... :up:

What's that song I got the other day... "Burn mutherf**ker, BURN" .... :wink:

Aah, that makes sense... burn being the Scots word for a little stream or whatever. And that Great Vowel Shift must have turned "mill" into "mel", or vice versa.

The Great Vowel Shift is what I assumed, and although the 'burn' thought had occurred to me too (plenty of places in Otago are Somethingburn due to Scottish settlement), why on earth would a place in Derbyshire have a Scots name?

The delusions are yours, my friend. *patpat* What's your sample size for "most other people", anyway?

Every reference to Melburnians except for those from you. :wink:

(No, actually, I have seen Melbournite a couple of other times, but exceedingly rarely.)

Can I just ask. Why would you call your child Sunday, when she was born on Monday? And what's wrong with Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday? :shrug:

Thanks anyway... but I think he can post and watch TV at the same time.

HEY AX! There's a super mega-rare steam train leaving from Spencer St in half an hour!! You can make if it you leave RIGHT NOW!!

... wait, why do I want to be a bigger postwhore than him?!

:lmao: I'm not buying that. Plus I'd need an hour and it's too dark to do photography. :wink:

Because it's getting boring me topping the "who posted?" list all the bloody time?

The Great Vowel Shift is what I assumed, and although the 'burn' thought had occurred to me too (plenty of places in Otago are Somethingburn due to Scottish settlement), why on earth would a place in Derbyshire have a Scots name?
Scots gaelic would be related to the celtic languages that were spoken throughout Britain once upon a time, maybe that word managed to survive the Romans and Frisians and Danes and Normans and everyone else...?

Every reference to Melburnians except for those from you. :wink:

(No, actually, I have seen Melbournite a couple of other times, but exceedingly rarely.)
Hah. We are the underdogs! We shall prevail! Never give up, Never surrender!!

:wink:

:shrug: Ok. I don't like Parmesan. It smells like vomit. End of story. :lol:

Actually I was up the Sky Tower today and we all walked past the stairs that take you to the cafe up there......ALL you could smell was Parmesan and the kids all wanted to know who vomited. Can't stand it unless it's done like they used to do in Sizzler - thick slice of bread, butter and parmesan - lightly toasted :drool:
awww....sky tower :cute:

and wait...you guys have sizzler there? holy shit!

Can I just ask. Why would you call your child Sunday, when she was born on Monday? And what's wrong with Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday? :shrug:

I've always wanted to know why Bono sings "Monday morning, 18 years of dawning" when neither his 1960 birthday nor his 1978 18th were on a Monday (Tuesday and Wednesday respectively).

I've always wanted to know why Bono sings "Monday morning, 18 years of dawning" when neither his 1960 birthday nor his 1978 18th were on a Monday (Tuesday and Wednesday respectively).

Well we all know he has timing issues.....look at Pride :shrug:

and it's not like monday has less syllables than wednesday.

"wenzday morning eighteen years of dawning..."

"late evening, april four..."

I know!!

Celebrities seem to be obliged to call their kids weird names. :|

Although if I was Nichole Kidman's daughter, I'd be glad she didn't call me Monday. I mean, who wants to be named after the most hated day of the week? (In the western world, at least.)

But honestly, what's wrong with "Susan"? :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom