Why, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I'd be a bit ... creeped out. Unless it were to play guitar. Or bass. That'd be cool, it'd be like two Adams on stage, though I'm not sure I'd want you to die from the jealousy that would be sure to follow.
No, you would probably die of my jealousy that would be sure to follow. :happy:

And if I were pulled up to play guitar, I'd break into 11 O'clock Tick Tock.
rreeaeaalllly rreeeaalllly sssslllooowwwwlllyy??

You keep telling yourself that, but you're wrong. Melburnian is the official title for somebody from Melbourne! I bet you're now going to tell me that people from Liverpool aren't Liverpudlians, people from Canterbury aren't Cantabrians, and that people from Newcastle aren't Novacastrians, but Liverpoolites, Canterburites, and Newcastlites. :tsk:
If people in those crazy places want to call themselves crazy things, that's their own business... As a resident, and having originiated here, I figure I get to call myself a Melbournite, and it's correct because I was born here and have lived here for most of my life. So Nyah.

What about Wellingtonians? Or should that be Wellingtunians? Aucklunders? :wink:

No, you would probably die of my jealousy that would be sure to follow. :happy:

:laugh: OK then, we just need you to dress up like Adam too. Then there'll be three Adams on stage and everybody's happy.

rreeaeaalllly rreeeaalllly sssslllooowwwwlllyy??

Pretty much! Though I think if I practiced briefly, I could probably get close to the correct speed on 11OTT (besides the solo) as it's so easy.

If people in those crazy places want to call themselves crazy things, that's their own business... As a resident, and having originiated here, I figure I get to call myself a Melbournite, and it's correct because I was born here and have lived here for most of my life. So Nyah.

What about Wellingtonians? Or should that be Wellingtunians? Aucklunders? :wink:

Keep in mind, Melbourne was named after Melbourne, Derbyshire, and they're Melburnians and have been for centuries, and we took that designator from them too. Plus, I bet you don't even know what "Melbourne" means (not that it's entirely relevant to my point; I'm just showing you up :wink: ).

Wullungtuniun, if we want to be phonetic!

I dunno if these will work if they're "protected", but we can give it a shot.

Ooh, yeah, the protected ones are a problem. I know there is meant to be a way around it, but I don't remember what it is.

Wrong! Kaputi Custer. :yes:

Indeed.

Well, if we're going to be very precise, I'm from Raumati Beach. But I don't know what you'd call somebody from there. Raumati Beacher? Rauwmuti Beechuh?

:laugh: OK then, we just need you to dress up like Adam too. Then there'll be three Adams on stage and everybody's happy.
:shifty: Three's a crowd... *cough* :D

Pretty much! Though I think if I practiced briefly, I could probably get close to the correct speed on 11OTT (besides the solo) as it's so easy.
Oh yeah, practicing... that's what I forgot to do. And the heater's been on for an hour, warming up my room and all. :reject:

Keep in mind, Melbourne was named after Melbourne, Derbyshire, and they're Melburnians and have been for centuries, and we took that designator from them too. Plus, I bet you don't even know what "Melbourne" means (not that it's entirely relevant to my point; I'm just showing you up :wink: ).
I thought there was some colonial figure with the surname of Melbourne, which it was named after. Oh well, they never did teach us much Australian history at school.

And I think Melbourne, Australia should have a different designator than the one in Derbyshire, to distinguish us... which is handy, cos we do. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom