Why, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao: Honestly, that particular incident just cracks me up. Some of his other poor lyrical moments are just sad, but that one, with the rifling through the pages to find the lyrics - it really makes me laugh. The utterly ramshackle Party Girl in Sydney on 13 November 2006 is another true classic. It was probably BETTER because the band fucked it up so much.

And given artists with shitloads more songs like Neil Finn can play just about anything they wrote on command and get it right both lyrically and on guitar, Bono has no excuse. I mean, this is his JOB. He should aim a wee bit higher.

I didn't quite realize what had happened while I was at the show, dad explained later.

Here's the epic fail Walk On: YouTube - U2 Walk On Vertigo Tour Chicago

It was the first time U2 had played the song since February 2002, but COME ON. If they'd just stopped around 3:30, it would have been fine! The last couple of minutes are classic. Oh god, this is funny.

I was right in front of Bono that night, he had such a naughty shit how could i forget th words grin :lol:

*watches that You Tube vid of Walk On*
Blimey, he even forgets the TUNE at the start. :lol:
... unless that was deliberate??

I'm told it's not really that hard. I've never looked at a tab, and I don't think it sounds that difficult. They've definitely pulled off trickier stuff live anyway! I think it's just that they never got around to it on ZooTV and it's not a priority to them.
I guess it's tricker than the other songs on AB, perhaps, and that was enough to keep it off the setlist. And I guess also that, when asked why they didn't play it, saying it's insanely complicated sounds a lot better than "eh, we couldn't be bothered".

And I think you're listening to the wrong song there. :wink: Larry drops his sticks in Ultra Violet, either around 2:10-15 or 3:10-15, I forget which. I think probably the latter.
D'oh!! :lol: I'm always getting those two songs mixed up. :reject: If it helps, I can't hear it in Ultraviolet either...

*sees end of Walk On vid*

... :lmao: Poor bastard...

ETA: I'm watching this, thinking, man this is familiar, I feel like I remember this happening before....Then I realized I was AT that show.
:lol:

So, at nearly 300 posts, Khan leads! Can somebody beat me on a thread for a change, so that I don't look like too much of a postwhore? :tsk:

It would help if you stopped posting and stepped away from your computer. I dunno, go close your windows or something... :wink:

*watches that You Tube vid of Walk On*
Blimey, he even forgets the TUNE at the start. :lol:
... unless that was deliberate??

Don't give him too much credit now. :wink:

D'oh!! :lol: I'm always getting those two songs mixed up. :reject: If it helps, I can't hear it in Ultraviolet either...

*sees end of Walk On vid*

... :lmao: Poor bastard...

I don't exactly feel like listening to Ultra Violet to check, but I think suddenly the drumming is reduced to just cymbals for a few seconds while he scrambles for another stick.

I don't suppose you'll be too shocked when I tell you Walk On wasn't played again for nearly a month? :wink:

It would help if you stopped posting and stepped away from your computer. I dunno, go close your windows or something... :wink:

You guys can only beat me if I'm not posting? That's just lazy. I don't make any special effort to post shitloads. :tsk:

I may go for a walk or something. It seems nice outside. Though ever since about 6pm yesterday, I've had this annoying dull pain across the top of my back. I can't figure out why; it just started randomly. And it's not very bad or anything, just a bit uncomfortable depending on how I move.

Don't give him too much credit now. :wink:
Heaven forbid :p

I don't exactly feel like listening to Ultra Violet to check, but I think suddenly the drumming is reduced to just cymbals for a few seconds while he scrambles for another stick.
I'm listening to Gotye right now, but I'll try to remember to listen again...

Got any emails? :whistle:

I don't suppose you'll be too shocked when I tell you Walk On wasn't played again for nearly a month? :wink:
He was up in the tree with Edge, meditating on the lyrics. :yes:

I may go for a walk or something. It seems nice outside. Though ever since about 6pm yesterday, I've had this annoying dull pain across the top of my back. I can't figure out why; it just started randomly. And it's not very bad or anything, just a bit uncomfortable depending on how I move.

Exactly how many things did you collide with on Saturday night? Maybe it's a delayed reaction :wink:

I think the only thing he really messed up at the Melb shows was that Kylie snippet. :giggle:

And there was Edge's "thank you, SYDNEY!" :lol:

Off memory, the only major fuck-ups were actually in Sydney - a very rough Desire on the second night and the aforementioned Party Girl on the third night.

Exactly how many things did you collide with on Saturday night? Maybe it's a delayed reaction :wink:

:madspit: :laugh:

It feels muscular. If it doesn't go away in a few days, I might pop into the doctor to make sure it's not indicative of something more serious (plus I need to get a couple of prescriptions anyway), but for now I'm just hoping it disappears on its own. It seems to have gone down a bit overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom