Why, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hyper: Beam me up, Scotty!! (preferably not with a reversed arse, if that's possible.)
:flirt: I'll beam you when I'm good and ready... like seven hours from now! :lol:

Night postwhores. I'm off to bed.

Bono says Edge would have to meditate in a tree for a month to play it or something. :|
:lol:

Come on Edge, what are you waiting for?? Get up there with some incense...
*stands guard at foot of tree with pitchfork*

I was listening to it last night, and trying to figure out if it really would be that difficult... but seeing as how I don't know squat about music, and four strings is more than enough on my guitar, my conclusions were probably unsound.

I just want to see them play it so I can watch exactly when Larry drops the drumstick. I've never been able to figure that out by listening... :shrug:

And guess what elese guys, it didn't come out in the 80s, so guess who's school project THAT completely ruined :grumpy:

<bitter.
There there... *pats*

Here's the epic fail Walk On: YouTube - U2 Walk On Vertigo Tour Chicago

It was the first time U2 had played the song since February 2002, but COME ON. If they'd just stopped around 3:30, it would have been fine! The last couple of minutes are classic. Oh god, this is funny.

:lol:

Come on Edge, what are you waiting for?? Get up there with some incense...
*stands guard at foot of tree with pitchfork*

I was listening to it last night, and trying to figure out if it really would be that difficult... but seeing as how I don't know squat about music, and four strings is more than enough on my guitar, my conclusions were probably unsound.

I just want to see them play it so I can watch exactly when Larry drops the drumstick. I've never been able to figure that out by listening... :shrug:

I'm told it's not really that hard. I've never looked at a tab, and I don't think it sounds that difficult. They've definitely pulled off trickier stuff live anyway! I think it's just that they never got around to it on ZooTV and it's not a priority to them.

And I think you're listening to the wrong song there. :wink: Larry drops his sticks in Ultra Violet, either around 2:10-15 or 3:10-15, I forget which. I think probably the latter.

Here's the epic fail Walk On: YouTube - U2 Walk On Vertigo Tour Chicago

It was the first time U2 had played the song since February 2002, but COME ON. If they'd just stopped around 3:30, it would have been fine! The last couple of minutes are classic. Oh god, this is funny.

God, I hate when he does shit like that.

But I have to remind myself they have a LOT of songs.

ETA: I'm watching this, thinking, man this is familiar, I feel like I remember this happening before....Then I realized I was AT that show.

So, at nearly 300 posts, Khan leads! Can somebody beat me on a thread for a change, so that I don't look like too much of a postwhore? :tsk:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 297
User Name Posts
KhanadaRhodes 60
Axver 55
Alisaura 46
LemonMacPhisto 41
bono_212 16
phillyfan26 15
RavenBlue 12
RegularBonoFan 11
No spoken words 9
Angela Harlem 9
Screwtape2 6
unico 5
LemonMelon 5
corianderstem 5
phanan 1
HermitMcDermitt 1

God, I hate when he does shit like that.

But I have to remind myself they have a LOT of songs.

ETA: I'm watching this, thinking, man this is familiar, I feel like I remember this happening before....Then I realized I was AT that show.

:lmao: Honestly, that particular incident just cracks me up. Some of his other poor lyrical moments are just sad, but that one, with the rifling through the pages to find the lyrics - it really makes me laugh. The utterly ramshackle Party Girl in Sydney on 13 November 2006 is another true classic. It was probably BETTER because the band fucked it up so much.

And given artists with shitloads more songs like Neil Finn can play just about anything they wrote on command and get it right both lyrically and on guitar, Bono has no excuse. I mean, this is his JOB. He should aim a wee bit higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom