Why, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuffiness > bitter freezing cold.

(yes, I know it's not really THAT cold.)

The cold is nice and fresh. I'll take that over stuffiness.

Though winter stuffiness isn't half as bad as summer stuffiness.

You'll die. :laugh:
Possibly. But at least I'm not going to Canada!
And everyone tells me it's a "different" kind of cold... more rain and less cold frosty clear nights and such.

You can kick my headaches' arse, my children of the corn arses', the dog who wants to escape, high school musical 2 and the weather.

:hmm: i think that's all of them. thanks, pie!

Yikes. *helps Mia kick*

Five degrees

:yikes:

This winter, we'd had a few weeks where it just got bitterly cold.. but then all of a sudden it warmed up to about 1C and people were walking around in short sleeves and shirts and it actually felt hot. :giggle: It's all a matter of what you're used to.

Ooh, the apparent temperature got down to 1 at 8am in Essendon. Is winter FINALLY going to start soon or something?

Why can't I pick up Melbourne and plonk it down in New Zealand where the weather's better? :sigh:

Moorabbin is showing raw temperature as 9.1 and apparent as 5.4.

So it's colder up here in the inner north. Take THAT! :lol:
... Okay, that's weird. Maybe a bird's sitting on the Moorabbin thermometer or something...

Better put on your toque, Ali :wink:

*translates* I never saw/heard the word toque until this year... odd.

*puts it on*

I'm feeling very...relieved now :lol:

:lol:

I feel like I just finished a project for school.

You know, I've contemplated ending my participation in DI and its sub-tourneys after this next contest... unless I make a playlist that absolutely floors me.

:lol:

I feel like I just finished a project for school.

You know, I've contemplated ending my participation in DI and its sub-tourneys after this next contest... unless I make a playlist that absolutely floors me.

It does kinda feel the same way. Like I only felt motivated to do it at the very last minute, very similar to school.

That would be sad if you left, but I can see why.

If you want any help assembling the "How the College Girl Will Lose All Willpower and Lower Pfan's Purity Score" Mixtape, let me know.

She wants to try to get me into indie, it sounds like. She linked me to a song by The Unicorns that was about a 9 on the indie scale, if you place Arcade Fire at a 2.

DID YOU FINISH THE BOOK? You know who you are.

image29.jpg

when you're lugged with 45c summers, 10c is suddenly arctic!

Here in Melbourne this year, autumn felt FRIGID just because we went immediately from mid-30s to mid-teens. The day the cool change rolled through and it dropped something like 15-20 degrees in an hour was nuts.

But I quickly got used to it. :drool:

She wants to try to get me into indie, it sounds like. She linked me to a song by The Unicorns that was about a 9 on the indie scale, if you place Arcade Fire at a 2.

I have a song or two by them... super Indie. It just depends on what type of Indie it is, there's: Folksy, Electronica, Alt Rock, etc... all with different levels of pretentiousness.

Most of us are descended from whinging poms, after all. :D

(and I'm allowed to say that since my mum is English!)

My Grandad is the stereotypical whinging pom. It's kind of hilarious, really.

I told you yesterday I finished it :tsk:

And I purchased Clash today, 100 pages in :hyper:

You told me yesterday. Are you sure I read it, or did you post it in a thread and hoped that I'd see it? Cos, an hour ago, I posted something for you to read, and I do not think you saw it, geek.

Glad you finished it, and, wow, you plowed right into the next one.

The great thing about cold is.. and it's a bad thing at the same time

You get sort of numb (also known as the onset of frostbite.. wheee) and you stay in that bit of bliss until you get your arse back inside. A few seconds of more bliss, then the thawing starts and oh my, tis nice and painful!

:wink:

But still, I'd take cold to heat anyday. It also means that we get more days in at the rink for ice hockey :heart:

The coldest night we played hockey it was about -23C outside and it was colder inside :giggle: It was great. Oddly enough, we had the biggest 'crowd' in that night. Ten people. Whooo

The great thing about cold is.. and it's a bad thing at the same time

You get sort of numb (also known as the onset of frostbite.. wheee) and you stay in that bit of bliss until you get your arse back inside. A few seconds of more bliss, then the thawing starts and oh my, tis nice and painful!

:wink:

But still, I'd take cold to heat anyday. It also means that we get more days in at the rink for ice hockey :heart:

The coldest night we played hockey it was about -23C outside and it was colder inside :giggle: It was great. Oddly enough, we had the biggest 'crowd' in that night. Ten people. Whooo

Why can't I pick up Melbourne and plonk it down in New Zealand where the weather's better? :sigh:

Because I would stop you. Since I plan on picking Melbourne up and plonking it down in... hmmm... Hawaii might be nice. Or some other tropical island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom