Why, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*just solved two cryptograms in 5 minutes*

:sigh: Too easy.

:lol:

the smiths song was short so this'll cover two songs. everything from this point on i've heard before, but still good songs. i liked that smiths song, and of course the cars are a classic new wave band.
I heard an indie punk band cover "My Best Friend's Girl" :up: Is awesome.

But he's so funny when he forgets the words... :cute:

:laugh: Well, yeah, I suppose I'd prefer him to butcher crappy songs rather than good ones too.

Though his complete lyrical failure on Zoo Station at Vertigo's opening night was awesome. "I'm ready, I'm ready for the ... ball and the bat/I'm ready for the ac-ro-bat". What?! :lol:

Love how it spawned "OMG THEY'RE THINKING ABOUT PLAYING TEH AKROBATZ" here too.

fuck, i've been trying to decide what i want for dessert, and just thought i'd rather have a burger. must fight the urge to get in car...
I have an extra burger from my dinner. Now all I have to do is figure out this teleportation machine...

the smiths song was short so this'll cover two songs. everything from this point on i've heard before, but still good songs. i liked that smiths song, and of course the cars are a classic new wave band.

Oh, okay.

Moving onto the New Wave section of the list then.

:laugh: Well, yeah, I suppose I'd prefer him to butcher crappy songs rather than good ones too.

Though his complete lyrical failure on Zoo Station at Vertigo's opening night was awesome. "I'm ready, I'm ready for the ... ball and the bat/I'm ready for the ac-ro-bat". What?! :lol:

*reminds self never to take autistic brother to u2 concert* He will have a FIT if Bono fucks up the words. He'll probably TELL Bono the right ones :lmao:

*reminds self never to take autistic brother to u2 concert* He will have a FIT if Bono fucks up the words. He'll probably TELL Bono the right ones :lmao:

:laugh: Have you ever seen footage of Walk On from 20 September 2005? He has to get somebody to bring the lyrics on stage because he fails so badly!

:lol: Before I read that last part, I was thinking the same thing... !

I suppose we'll just have to content ourselves with the assumption that they haven't forgotten the song exists entirely.

I have an extra burger from my dinner. Now all I have to do is figure out this teleportation machine...
:hyper: Beam me up, Scotty!! (preferably not with a reversed arse, if that's possible.)

:laugh: Have you ever seen footage of Walk On from 20 September 2005? He has to get somebody to bring the lyrics on stage because he fails so badly!
:lmao: Oh Jeez. That is a pretty hard fail. And that song's only 5 years old (at that point)! i could see him forgetting Rejoice or something but...Jeez.

:lol: Before I read that last part, I was thinking the same thing... !

I suppose we'll just have to content ourselves with the assumption that they haven't forgotten the song exists entirely.

Bono says Edge would have to meditate in a tree for a month to play it or something. :|

(Which I think was just code for "fuck, Acrobat? What's that ... oh, that song? Yeah, yeah we did that, that's right!")

Know the name but that's it. Meant to be indie or something, right? I swear, the name makes me think of metalcore, for some reason.
I've seen it variously pigeonholed as Alternative, Rock and Pop, so who the hell knows? :lol: Triple J likes him... I don't think there was any on that CD that you haven't listened to, since I only just got the rest of an album on iTunes. I'll email you something.

The thing that impresses me besides the music itself, is that this guy plays everything himself and cobbles it together in a home studio...!

:lol: yeah, you've never heard of them? they were a one hit wonder. they were famous here because their hit, video killed the radio star, was the first video aired on mtv.

And guess what elese guys, it didn't come out in the 80s, so guess who's school project THAT completely ruined :grumpy:

<bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom