Why, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P8120090sml.jpg

:drool:

Dreams Never End is good enough to be a Joy Division song, and The Him and Doubts Even Here are good. But then all that electronicy crap came to dominate their style - full credit to them for redefining their sound, but it's nothing like the Joy Division sound that I love.

Eh, MW's been done. ZS is a better song. Though I'm more firm in that opinion with regards to studio versions than I am with regards to live versions, since Edge's live MW solo is pretty rockin'. I'm also sick of Bono dragging up people to dance during MW and WOWY; it's so cliche now.
What if he dragged you up there... :lol:

And Edge's solo is what makes the live version. :bow: That the bassline is :drool: as well helps!

Says a historian who knows what he's talking about. :tongue:
Bah. Bah I say! Someone probably used the term "Melburnian" when no one knew how to spell anything.

<-- Melbournite

How's your cheese Ax? :shifty:

:madspit:

Do you really think I'd make that up? I'd rather it if I'd just vomited from having a bit too much of a good time drinking wine than from my own sheer stupidity of eating bad cheese. I can't even blame eating bad cheese on drunkenness, since I started eating it WHEN I WAS SOBER.

Ugh. :doh:

Dreams Never End is good enough to be a Joy Division song, and The Him and Doubts Even Here are good. But then all that electronicy crap came to dominate their style - full credit to them for redefining their sound, but it's nothing like the Joy Division sound that I love.

Funny how different bands can sound different! :wink:

What if he dragged you up there... :lol:

And Edge's solo is what makes the live version. :bow: That the bassline is :drool: as well helps!

:lol: I'd be a bit ... creeped out. Unless it were to play guitar. Or bass. That'd be cool, it'd be like two Adams on stage, though I'm not sure I'd want you to die from the jealousy that would be sure to follow.

And if I were pulled up to play guitar, I'd break into 11 O'clock Tick Tock.

Bah. Bah I say! Someone probably used the term "Melburnian" when no one knew how to spell anything.

<-- Melbournite

You keep telling yourself that, but you're wrong. Melburnian is the official title for somebody from Melbourne! I bet you're now going to tell me that people from Liverpool aren't Liverpudlians, people from Canterbury aren't Cantabrians, and that people from Newcastle aren't Novacastrians, but Liverpoolites, Canterburites, and Newcastlites. :tsk:

Funny how different bands can sound different! :wink:

:lol: Like I said, full credit to them for changing their sound and not staying stuck in Ian Curtis's shadow. But did they have to go to shit? :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom