Why, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Adelaide. Bono even wrongly attributed the train-wreck Party Girl to Adelaide when they played it again in Melb...

I loved that. Adelaide cops all the crap! U2 don't play there for 13 years, then get blamed for the shoddy Party Girl rather than any thanks!

Though they got Zoo Station and Melbourne and Auckland didn't. :grumpy:

I kept hoping we'd get the ZS/Fly/MW/WOWY encore that South America got, but nooo, it was either ZS (or UTEOTW)/Fly/WOWY, which makes no sense, or Fly/MW/WOWY, which makes more sense but I'd rather ZS than MW or WOWY. Especially WOWY.

You call Melbournites "Melburnites", or something equally ludicrous. Your spellings can't be trusted. :tongue:

haha, just saw the bit about spoons.

"Melburnian" is the correct title for somebody from Melbourne. You can't be trusted. :down:

aww fuck, i passed 33,333 and didn't notice :depressed: and i even noticed when i was sorta kinda close and was like "better watch for that"

Just abuse your mod powers a bit more and you'll be at 34567 before you know it.

fun fact: Pumice can float on water. People have sailed through miles of that crud floating on the sea around islands with a pumicy volcano that's erupted recently. Must play havoc with the motors on boats and stuff.
:lol: the person who does my pedicures, waxing, and facials puts the pumice stone in the water so the crap can soak off. it's kinda freaky.

He's the best damn finger-wiggler I've ever seen on stage. :up:

I love how some of his fretting bears no resemblance to anything he could possibly plausibly be playing if he were actually strumming and just lost in the back of the mix. :laugh:

oh, i totally hear you. ian's voice is...a grower.

there's some other people i like with voices like that, like david sylvian. the early japan stuff is...woooo.

it's funny how some weird voices you don't mind, others are just really irritating.

I loved Ian Curtis's voice straight away, personally. I wish I could find more bands with singing similar to his. It sounds great.

Though they got Zoo Station and Melbourne and Auckland didn't. :grumpy:
This is true.

... but I'd rather ZS than MW or WOWY. Especially WOWY.
BLASPHEMY!!! :madwife:
Well, okay, I'd probably take ZS over WOWY, but MW is a keeper.

yes!!! i love those. they're easy to find here :drool:
zomg. I am so visiting you. :drool:
My dentist can come too, to save time.

"Melburnian" is the correct title for somebody from Melbourne. You can't be trusted. :down:
Says who, a Kiwi? Pfft. :p I was born here, I know how to spell Melbourne, and it's not "Melburn"! Have another :madwife: ....

oh, i totally hear you. ian's voice is...a grower.

there's some other people i like with voices like that, like david sylvian. the early japan stuff is...woooo.

it's funny how some weird voices you don't mind, others are just really irritating.

Exactly, Thom Yorke from Radiohead is one of those guys I really love, but can totally see why people are put off by him.

Alright guys, I'm out.

Hope you enjoyed my list, Khan. I'll do yours tomorrow. :wave:

BLASPHEMY!!! :madwife:
Well, okay, I'd probably take ZS over WOWY, but MW is a keeper.

Eh, MW's been done. ZS is a better song. Though I'm more firm in that opinion with regards to studio versions than I am with regards to live versions, since Edge's live MW solo is pretty rockin'. I'm also sick of Bono dragging up people to dance during MW and WOWY; it's so cliche now.

I love WOWY and if it were still as good live now as it were 1987-92, I'd take it in a heartbeat over ZS or MW, but now it's just terrible and degrades the song. Especially when it doesn't have Shine Like Stars or Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Says who, a Kiwi? Pfft. :p I was born here, I know how to spell Melbourne, and it's not "Melburn"! Have another :madwife: ....

Says a historian who knows what he's talking about. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom