Whose voice do you HATE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

*Stormy*

Is there a singer whose music you find impossible to appreciate, regardless of genre, because of a voice that grates on your nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard, or that you just cannot stand to listen to? Who is it?

For me, it's Michael McDonald! You could kill me with torture making me listen to 'What a fool believes.' I also cannot stand any of DMB's music because Dave Matthews' voice is whiney, annoying and unbearable to me.

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

Alanis Morrisette
That annoying hag Fran Drescher
Dude from Guiness Records Show
Janice from Friends

Sorry.. I went beyond just singers.
Oh and Bjork.

* knows who Sula is going to say.
icon1.gif

I have a few qualms with the following singers:

1)Fred Durst: If you think DMB is annoying, what about this guy. "It's my way...my way or the highway"? Please, make him stop.

2)Michael McDonald: I'm glad you mentioned him, because I try to forget his voice. The Doobie Brothers previous singer had a great voice. I don't remember his name, but he sany with them up until 1978.

3)Alanis Morriesette: When "You Outta Know" was released in 1995, I thought her voice was original and different. Then, after seven year, it just got more and more annoying.

4)Barry Manilow: Do I need to explain this one? Let me know.

5)Rod Stewart: This voice is good in some repects, but it usually has very little range and is overproduced.

I know that this may not be popular to say around here...but I really don't like Robert Plant's voice. In a lot of songs he just comes off like a banshee. That's one of the major reasons I don't like Led Zeppelin.

I'll agree with Dave Matthews.
Any of the so-called lead singers in the "nu-metal" genre, but especially Durst.

That's all I can think of right now.

[This message has been edited by SIK (edited 04-04-2002).]

i wouldn't say i hate it but i'm not a big fan of sting's voice.

me3

I've gotta go with Sicy for my choice...Fran Drescher's voice just totally grates my nerves.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I'm not a Creed basher, but I really don't like Scott Stapp's voice.

I'm sad that people don't like Dave Matthews...such a nice guy. Can't wait to see him next month.

And I'm sad that Sicy doesn't like Bjork's and Alanis' voices.
frown.gif
And yet I understand...

[patheticmoment]remembering that day in my friend's car when I told him to turn off Alanis before my head blew up. Now he's dead and I love Alanis. Go figure.[/patheticmoment]

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 04-04-2002).]

Originally posted by SIK:
I know that this may not be popular to say around here...but I really don't like Robert Plant's voice. In a lot of songs he just comes off like a banshee. That's one of the major reasons I don't like Led Zeppelin.

Ditto!

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

[This message has been edited by zooropa16 (edited 04-04-2002).]

[This message has been edited by zooropa16 (edited 04-04-2002).]

My sociology teacher. She smokes between every class in her office, and the effects have MORE than taken over her voice....*shudder*

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Ooooo hee heee, I didn't put a singr down....I really just wanted to put my soc teacher, but I'm going to have to agree with Alanis Morisette and Celine Dionne. I would also like to add Jewel.

------------------

Anyone in NSync or Backstreet Boys or 98 Degrees or any boyband, really
Britney Spears
Mariah Carey -- ugh!
Celine Dion
.. etc.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Britney Spears... do I need to explain?
Cher
Adam Duritz (Counting Crows)
Jennifer Lopez (um... what voice?)
Macy Gray

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Leaving just in time, stay there for a while. Rolling in the ocean, trying to catch her eye..."

She is the dreamer, she's imagination

"If you give me half a chance I'll prove this to you
I will be patient, kind, faithful and true
To a man who loves music, a man who loves art
Respects the spirit world and thinks with his heart"
~ India.Arie

Natalie Merchant (fills me with the anger of a raging bull)
Taylor Dane
Celine Dion
Faith Evans
Mary J Blige
Mariah Carey
any country singer

------------------
Music, when soft voices die,
Vibrates in the memory;
Odours, when sweet violets sicken,
Live within the sense they quicken.

~P.B. Shelley

jewel - her songs are ok but her voice makes me want to rip my ears off
rod stewart
cher
that annoying girl from the dixie chicks

I don't like Paul MaCartney's voice now. I will give him benifit of the doubt, he is like 60 years old.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

does rap count? Cause any rap "voice" is like fingernails on a blackboard. Whitney Houston on anything, but especially that dreadful song I Will Always Love You, she has no feeling at all in her singing, it's like vocal gymnastics. see what i can do, i can hold this note for 5 mins. and drive you nuts. That song was so beautiful when Dolly Parton did it, and Linda Ronstadt, with so much feeling, and she ruined it.

Originally posted by Zooman91:
Axl "Cat Caught in a Blender" Rose

So accurate, so very, very accurate....

------------------

Alanis, Britney, Enrique Iglesias, at least when he sounds like he's gonna blubber.

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

Back
Top Bottom