Whose voice do you HATE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dido. For some reason I really cannot stand her voice. I have to turn the radio off every time she comes on.

Fred Durst... Simply annoying.

Justin Timberlake... I don't think most of the boybands' or those teenage girls' voice annoying, but I just can't stand this voice.

I don't know if that is just me or what, but I found Rob Thomas' voice annoying.

cant stand the guy from the lighthouse family's voice, probably others too, will get back to you.

------------------
look at the moon t-t-t-t-t when a horse runs through dark waters then the pig has no legs.

?*~darkcloud~*?

Michael Bolton
Alanis
Me in the shower...pure agony.
biggrin.gif

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Shakira. At first I admired her for her original sound, but that new song... it's painful. I could do that.

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Don't get me wrong, I like Joy Division some-what but his voice is definitly anaquired taste!

I don't like the 80's Axl Rose thing that so many of the old metal bands loved!

I cannot think of a Punk singers voice I like! Do they all sing through their noce and slur all their words into one big mega-word????? Damn you Greenday....damn you to hell!

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Originally posted by madonna's child:
Shakira. At first I admired her for her original sound, but that new song... it's painful. I could do that.

Yeah. She does sound terrible singing in english. She should stick to spanish.

And to all of you who nominated Enrique Iglesias= I'm with you
biggrin.gif

He sucks bigtime!
mad.gif

Missy Elliot!! Oh my God, her voice and the mere sight of her makes me cringe!

------------------
Behind closed doors and under stars
It doesn't matter where you are
Collecting jewels that catch your eye
Don't let a soulmate pass you by

SHAKIRA. Why does it sound like she's yodelling? *cry*

And NELLY FURTADO. People tell me she has some decent songwriting skills but I canNOT sit through one of her songs becaue of that VOICE.

Lucky these smilies don't have ears.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono

"For the good of the nation ~ you MUST defile Bono" ~Echo
Get on the Boos

Many have I loved
Many times been bitten
Many times I've gazed
Along the open road.

that dick in teh freaking aflac commerical....will someone just have it for dinner already????

None of my answers are original....I think at least one person mentioned all of these:

Justin Timberlake: He sounds like an 8 year old girl or something. Serioulsy painful to listen to.

Dave Matthews

Gwen Stefani's voice aggravates me at times, but at others i like how it has an original sound.

Originally posted by ti-hua:
I know I'm probably going to get my ass kicked for this but I can't stand Gwen Stefani's voice. Makes me cringe.

Yknow what? I love No Doubt but I totally understand.

Is that weird? lol.

Originally posted by Arun V:
that dick in teh freaking aflac commerical....will someone just have it for dinner already????

You and your typos Arun !! Dont you check your posts before you post them?

That DUCK in the aflac commercial must die.

ducky3.jpg
bigun2.gif

There are some people I think are good songwriters but I think someone else should sing their songs...people like Bob Dylan...Macy Gray...Natalie Merchant...I think they might be good people and all that...but I just cannot listen to them sing...fingernails on the chalkboard....

dream wanderer

Bjork? Alanis? Willie Nelson? Rod Stewart? Robert Plant? Dave Mathews? Gwen Stefani?

With all the gut-wrenchingly awful singers out there THESE are the folks you came up with?
What about Scott Stap? A really awful singer. A contrived singer.

MAP

Another one is Patti Labelle because that woman can make any song sound like howling dogs and screaming cats. She just did the anathem opening for the L.A. Dodgers, and the man in the paper said it was the worse rendition he'd ever heard. Christina Aguilara copies her verbatim, down to the screeching every note for an hr. Ug.

got a minute?

shakira, britney, dinand whateverhislastnameis (dutch band), celine, mariah (do those voicepractisethingies in your own time!), durst, manilow, creed singer, timberfake = rest of the kiddies, cher, macy gray & anastacia (these 2 should try oil their troaths), jlo, enrique, dido, lighthousefamguy, nelly f, ja rule (he must try the oil too), mansoncreep, isley brothers (sp??), billy crawford (!).. i could go on for a while.. guess im rather picky.

voices some of u didnt like but of which i think they arent that bad (or good even): Dave Matthews, Bjork, Stereophonics singer & Bruce.

Other bad singers:

Most country artists, but more especially the ones that have that awful "twang" to it? I think that's the right term.

Roseanne...*cringe* that lady can't sing to save her life.

Most rap artists...if you can call that "singing"...more like talking to an incredibly stupid beat.

Originally posted by Arun V:
OH MY GOD, PLEASE tell me that is NOT a typo, there is no way in hell he could have done that by accident!!!!!!!ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

I could do SOOOOOOO much with that!
I didnt know dicks could talk....Ive never had a dick for dinner before...Ok, i lied, actually, i have, but, you know...
*Cant take it anymore and just dies laughing....*

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 04-05-2002).]

Arun's "typo" was a freudian slip if ive ever heard one!
tongue.gif

------------------
"If he gets up...we'll all get up...It'll be anarchy!!"

[This message has been edited by MacPhooey (edited 04-05-2002).]

that duck is cute actually. All commercials should be on this list. Especially the ones that scream, and lately there are so many screaming commercials. Ok, we need a whole other thread for worst commercials. There's so many. Justin Timerlake and the whole nskunk used to like, can't stand, he's now such twit, but as for the pop is dead, guess what's #1, Girlfriend. Everytime I think of Lance in a spaceship it is just so funny...Mad tv just has to do that one.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 04-05-2002).]

That "cat in a blender" was a hyperbole... Axl's voice is much worse.

There's also the lead singer of Blink 182.
Hit puberty already...

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
wow, cool. I don't even know what sula's gonna say.

Haha.. well, I was going to say that you were going to say Gwen Stefani.
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 04-05-2002).]

I can usually get over Robert Plant's voice enough to listen to Led Zepp, but the reason I don't listen to it more is...Robert Plant's voice.

Nelly Furtado...waaay too nasal.

What'shisname...Ja Rule. Listening to him trying to sing on the MTV awards was pure agony. Tack on J Lo...flat, plain voice.

And yes, Jewel's voice is annoying...though I can appreciate her music. (But not after hearing Standing Still 500 times in the same day)

Oh, and it goes without saying that Scott Stapp's voice is annoying.

Back
Top Bottom