Whos your fave music act from YOUR country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bio_bandphoto.jpg

Okkervil River

^ couldn't agree more. :D

Uh, probably Icehouse or something. Or Midnight Oil, or Master's Apprentices... can we claim Crowded House? No? I'm not really huge on Australian music.

Icehouse and the oils are some of the best music form Australia :love:

I think we can Claim Crowded house, they did form here ...

Country of birth? Well, India's rock scene is really underground for the most part and I'm not too familiar with it, especially in recent years. Indus Creed (or Rock Machine as they were known back then) started it all in the late 80s/early 90s and I'll say they're my favorite band, although they turned into this Indian music fusion band or something late in the 90s and I lost track. As for music in general, we've had "Bollywood" music of course for ages! Favorite singers: Udit Narayan, Sonu Nigam, Shaan.

Darren Hayes.

Forget Savage Garden - the guy is a fucking genius. 'This Delicate Thing We've Made' is absolute gold.

Americans ought to go with from their state.

In that case, I'll take the Okk's.

Americans ought to go with from their state.

I'm not an American but I still live here. So going by what you're saying here, my choices are...

Bruce Springsteen
Bon Jovi
Skid Row
The Bouncing Souls (lesser known punk band)

and I don't know who else.

:hmm: :wink:

The Bouncing Souls (lesser known punk band)

Lesser known? They're easily one of the biggest punk bands around I'd say. I like them a hell of a lot more than anyone else you mentioned, including Springsteen.

Since Utah sucks for music and Low are Mormons, I'll act like they're from here and say Low.

Zoots, are you gonna let him talk that way about The Jovi? :angry:

Haha it's not like he said "Wow somebody here listens to Bon Jovi? They must have shit taste!". Nonetheless, if you want some action, I'll volunteer to make sure popmofo gets shot thru the heart in a blaze of glory. Wait... does that sound like a good thing?

U guyz so sily

lolololololololmaorofl

Don't get me wrong, I like Springsteen too. I just listen to the Bouncing Souls a lot more. And Bon Jovi was my fav. when I was in 5th and 6th grade. Young Guns 2 Soundtrack 4 evar

I'm in the USA. My favorite is Daniel Lanois.

I know, I know. Someone is bound to say he's from "Canada". But really isn't the US/Canada thing really just like China/Taiwan? They have their hockey and syrup, but we'll invade if they ever declare independence.

Back
Top Bottom