Whos your fave music act from YOUR country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Just curious to see who you all rate as the best act hailing from your nation of birth. I think its a given that any Irish peeps are gonna say u2 so maybe not much point in posting.
Being from Scotland...ad have to say Simple Minds. An honorable mention to Big Country too tho

My all time favourite is the Urban Dance Squad. They were really something new in the early Nineties. Rage Against The Machine and, sadly, Limp Bizkit were hugely influenced by them.
And currently I'm still very impressed by Voicst. Their second album, A Tale Of Two Devils, that was released earlier this year is amazing.
:)

probably Thé Lau / The Scene

Bettie Serveert, Trockener Kecks and The Nits should be up there too

for live entertainment you can't beat The Amazing Stroopwafels though :D

probably Thé Lau / The Scene

Bettie Serveert, Trockener Kecks and The Nits should be up there too

All are also excellent suggestions. The Tröckener Kecks are my favourite artists singing in Dutch (though after last night I'm in a Doe Maar mood again).
:up:

Difficult :hmm:

Probably a tie between The Gathering and Nynke Laverman for the moment, though Coparck and Bettie Serveert are also serious contenders. :hmm:

Just curious to see who you all rate as the best act hailing from your nation of birth. I think its a given that any Irish peeps are gonna say u2 so maybe not much point in posting.
Being from Scotland...ad have to say Simple Minds. An honorable mention to Big Country too tho

I love Big country and Simple minds, but from my country I'd have to say Oingo Boingo and Janes addiction.

Ever? Wow, that's hard. I love a ton of Canadian bands/artists.

Off the top of my head, and judging by who I listen to most these days, I'd have to say Sloan, Matthew Good, Barenaked Ladies, The Pursuit of Happiness, Tokyo Police Club, and about 200 more.

Our music scene is amazing. :drool:

Eta - I forgot Arcade Fire. And Feist :sad:

Eta - I forgot Arcade Fire. And Feist :sad:

:shame: How could you?

Indeed, our music scene is amazing. Arcade Fire is my absolute favourite. :love:

I've also taken a strong liking to Stars and Feist.

And then there's Our Lady Peace. I grew up listening to them, and still listen to them when the mood strikes. I saw them live in 2006 and the show absolutely blew me away. I had a fantastic time.

:shame: How could you?
Indeed, our music scene is amazing. Arcade Fire is my absolute favourite. :love:

Oh yeah. :up: Feist is also awesome...saw her last fall.

If we're talking absolute favourites, however...

nullNEIL_YOUNG.tif.big.jpg

Most favoritist act ever ever from my country?

REM

:up: I helped plant lettuce today with a guy who went to university in Athens. REM did come up at one point. :wink:

OOh do i have to choose only one? There are a few I can't decide between but I'm going to say Oingo Boingo... or maybe The Talking Heads. Runners up: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aerosmith, The Doors, The Ramones, :reject: I have too many. (Elvis, Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison.. OOH and Prince :up: )

Ladysmith Black Mambazo.

My country doesn't exactly churn out a lot of superstars... We do have our very own Coldplay rip-off band, though! Civil Twilight. :hug:

It's not necessarily a given. Hothouse Flowers, Christy Moore, Boomtown Rats, Undertones.....

Hmm....it's kinda sad because my favorite bands of all time are U2, Radiohead, Genesis, Muse, The Police (1/3 american?), Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, AC/DC, and so on....
So as far as the USA goes....I guess it's a tie between Bruce Springsteen and the Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam comes in 3rd

Uh, probably Icehouse or something. Or Midnight Oil, or Master's Apprentices... can we claim Crowded House? No? I'm not really huge on Australian music.

Back
Top Bottom