Who's the Remote Master in your house?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
I'm sure there is one in every household.
My husband is ours and he is not very good at his job. Not his fault I spose that his veiwing choices generally suck.

But there is only so much Simpsons, South Park and sport a person can watch.

:|

My god, what do you do?
Do you have to like...get up to change channel and stuff?

:D

Actually, I dont know why anyone has them, I'm always losing mine and have to get up anyway.
:mad:

well, we odn't really have cable, but we get a few channels. so yeah, if you're watching tv and want to change the channel, you have to get up

My boyfriend and I have equal control over the remote - we only watch what would appeal to both of us.

Me - my wife get confused by the universal remote. She has her own remote - it is shaped like an elbow that nudges me.

Last edited:
umm:der:...I'm having a tv in my room by myself and just switch a channel on and then surf the internet....:crack:....o remote neccessary...

It's just Dad and me. When we watch TV in the living room together, it depends who gets the remote. If one of us is on the computer and the other is on the loveseat, the person on the loveseat gets the remote since they face the TV directly. If we are both on the loveseat, I give Dad the remote. However, if we are both on the loveseat, and he's really tired and keeps falling asleep, then I handle the remote. If Dad is on the loveseat, and I am on the computer, he makes sure to give me the remote before he goes to bed. If he forgets, I always crack a joke to him about it, and he says something smartass back. :D

Since it became just the two of us, Dad and I have become quite routine. :shifty: I like it though.

i control the remote at my grandma's. it's funny cos i don't wath the tv, i just steal the remote and my my brother get up to change the channels. :evil:

hahahahahaha Angela..U2? thsi topic heading made me

:lmao: :lmao:
and I haven't had much call to use the :lmao: smilie lately
I was just thinking the other day "remote nazi" :madspit: :edge: :banghead: :madspit: and then thought that isn't very PC.( I think I got the idea from Seinfeld's "soup nazi")
If anything will cause us to get a divorce, it will be that goddamned infernal remote control. He has complete and utter control of it and I don't like his choices.
Fortunately I like my room and listening to the radio.

oh dear...u just made me laugh...thanks.

ME!!!!! I am the absolute master of the remote, in fact all four of them (TV, VCR, DVD and Pay TV). Although I'm always open to suggestions from the rest of the household, woe to the ones who try to steal them from me! :)

i have a remote for my cd player. i forgot about that, cos i never use it...no one else can use it either cos they'll get KILLED if they go near my cd player

Back
Top Bottom