Who's still at work on this Friday afternoon before Labor Day Weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm not
i'm not

south-beach-spring-break-people.jpg

answer-girl2.gif

Just waiting for lunch to arrive. Then I'll finish getting dressed and head out for my hair appt. (work from home)

My boss was out of town Thursday and most of Friday. Of course he showed up about 20 minutes before I was due to leave--I didn't even get to check in to this thread. :( But I get the weekend and Monday off--thank goodness our university does close for Labor Day. Sleeeeeeeep!

I'm celebrating labor this year by working the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend! I'm salaried and I worked all day Monday through Friday this week, so I'm technically even working for free. :lol: I'm not really complaining, though; I'm a desk salesperson at a bank and I won't be busy, the tellers will. I used to be a retail slave in Tourist Town so Labor Day Weekend meant being at work Friday through Monday, now I at least have Sunday and Monday off.

I was gonna get out at 3 or 3:30 on friday but was delayed by a quality issue at the end of the frickin day! :mad: Got out like 5:30. :grumpy: But at least we're into the 3 day weekend. :drool:

cinnaminson said:

Weekend work means penalty rates:hyper:

Not here it doesn't. We only get holiday pay on the actual holiday (Monday). Well I s'pose it is different for each company but that's the average procedure.

:mad: I just found out a half hour ago that I have to work Monday. Ruined my Saturday night *and* my Monday I thought I had off.

:sigh:

I get paid the same hourly wage no matter how many hours I work, or if I work a holiday. No such thing as time as a half for me. I also don't get sick pay or vacation. If I'm not there, I simply don't get paid. Period.

:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom