Who's Scottish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MiniFly

War Child
My grandpa was pure unfiltered angry old Scotsman, and my dad has the eyebrows to prove it. I can play connect the dots with my freckles, my cellphone ring is Scotland the Brave, I have a huge Scottish flag in my room and the Clann is Stuart. I love being Scottish!

scotlandCLR.gif

scotland sucks :angry:

ok I'm part scottish, 1/8 :reject:

(note: I'm just kidding, It's a inside joke between me and minifly so don't get offended)

:up: my anscestors that didn't come from ireland or germany came from scotland. i'm part scottish.

Yep.

A fair number of Irish people will also have Scottish ancestry and vice versa.....even though they deny it. ;)

I'm part Irish, Scottish and English. I guess half of me hates the other half of me. :slant: :lol: :wink: Oh, and I'm German, too.

I have been to Ireland, Scotland and England on holiday, but not to Germany yet.

We have a wonderful local outdoor Scottish Festival here in May, complete with Highland Games and a Piping Competition. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

If it's not Scottich it's cr r r a a p!

I am Scottish [about 75%] - the leftover is French-Canadian/Irish and Cherokee.

I went to Scotland years ago and it was an epiphany - "These are my people!" [I was adopted by some German/Polish family so I grew up as the sun burned freckled red headed relation to a bunch of East European stock]

I found my birthparents years back and the clan is Urquhart - and the castle Urquhart stands on the shores of Loch Ness. It's the ruins you see in the tourist photos.

In fact, there is a campaign to save Urquhart Castle from devopers wrecking ball: Save Urquhart Castle :sad:

Last edited:
Though I am not Scottish, I did participate in the Great Haggis Hunt on the Scotsman website which runs from (I think Nov 30) to Robbie Burns Day on Jan 25. I did bag a couple of haggis, no golden haggis though. Didn't win anything either, but it was lots of fun!

meegannie said:
Yep.

A fair number of Irish people will also have Scottish ancestry and vice versa.....even though they deny it. ;)

yes but wouldn't they admit to that before admiting to having english anscestry?

haggis scares me too.

I'm Scottish...

But I'm also English, Irish, French, German, and Dutch, with scant traces of Spanish, Italian, Russian, and American Indian.

And who the hell is "Idlewild"? :huh:

Melon

Back
Top Bottom