Who's looking forward to....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anthony

Refugee
STAR WARS: ATTACK OF THE CLONES!!!

Man... what a trailer.... what a plot... what fabulous acting.... and how cool does Obi-Wan look? Not to mention the gorgeous Amidala... not to mention the evil Palpatine, and then amazing Cristopher Lee as... Count Dooku!

C'mon.. who's excited? Who's excited?!

Ant.
Who was once fortunate enough to meet Emperor Palpatine himself... did I name drop again? Shit.

never been a star wars fan...its all over-rated garbage imo

Sorry Ant
smile.gif

I'm definitely looking forward to it too!

More standing in line on opening day! Half the fun of seeing Star Wars is going on opening day in a packed theater! YAY! hehe

starwars02.jpg

p-sw2.jpg

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Those are real cool images there, ABEL, really cool... . Bono-vox, I sympathise lots with your feelings against STAR WARS, I never much liked the very first one (well.. sorta first one, A NEW HOPE) however, I somehow got liking it so much, and I think the Emperor is very VERY cool, just as Darth Vader was.

Didn't like EPISODE 1 all that much, but this one looks amazing!

Who's seen the trailer? Its a fantastic trailer...

"I will not let this republic be split in two..."
"Begun, this clone war has..."

I have seen the trailer too, Anthony, and loved it!

While Episode I wasn't quite what I was expecting either, I think we have to keep in perspective how the books were originally written. I think we're just so used to the original Star Wars Trilogy. While Episode I was weak, I think it's still very important as a set-up with information for the rest of the movies. I think, and hope that Episode II will be better!

I am a huge Star Wars and Star Trek fan, and I go to all the conventions here in Dallas too, hehe
biggrin.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 04-21-2002).]

Actually, despite the fact that I generally loathe action films, I want to see it because of the fact that this was shot entirely in digital video with the "experimental" Sony camera, which, actually, Wim Wenders got to use for the "Ground Beneath Her Feet" music video. Pretty much, this is probably the first big budget film with live elements not to use film. I'm ultimately a sucker for technical achievements, and I would love to someday get a hold of one of those cameras.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

I have deep fears that digital shooting and projecting will end up ruining the industry...

That aside, I will see this film. I've heard great things about it and am looking forward to it. Though I won't be surprised if it falls short.

Ultimately, I think that digital shooting will simply be a part of the industry, rather than a replacement for it. Really, at least in the big-budget world of Hollywood, most source film ends up converted to DigiBeta (a digital video standard), digitally enhanced with special effects, and reconverted to film. As long as the techniques are faithful, does it ultimately matter which way it is shot?

As such, I wish to use both.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Incidentally, has anyone out there read the reported sript thats been lying around the Internet? I have and was wondering if there were any others who had any views on it.

ABEL, I am too a Star Trek Fan (before a STAR WARS fan), and while EPISODE 1 was weak, I do admire it for many reasons, plus I sympathise with Lucas since he had a heavy burden on his shoulders, and the film was so over-hyped it was impossible not to disappoint. However, I enjoyed EPISODE 1 because it was what it said it was, a beginning, and from what EPISODE 2 seems to propose, it looks like a lot of loose ends will be tied up, and the reasons why Lucas did what he did will be more visible. I have a lot of faith in George Lucas.

Ant.

well, cost of digital is so much cheaper that the industry will use it for the most part, if viewers accept it.

What's scarier to me is digital projection, which tends to ruin the richness of certain images.

The other thing is that digital projection affects the brain in a different way than film projection. Digital puts viewers in a more passive state, about the same as watching television. Film projection has been shown to put viewers into more of a dream like state.

======don't mean to derail the thread.

My only interest in the current trilogy is Natalie Portman. The visual (edit: digital) feast means nothing to me.

foray

[This message has been edited by foray (edited 04-21-2002).]

Originally posted by Diemen:
Hmmm...I've never considered fabulous acting and Star Wars to have anything remotely in common.
biggrin.gif

Oh, c'mon! Who can forget the actor who played Yoda - he BECAME that little green dude! And Chewbacca... not ANYONE can roar like that.
smile.gif

Ant.

Back
Top Bottom