Who's Irish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's Irish? (In honour of St. Paddy's Day)

• I'm Irish born & bred

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I'm Irish by heredity

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I was born in Ireland but now live elsewhere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wish I was Irish

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • I should be Irish I drink so much on St Paddy's Day

• I have no idea what I am

• I not Irish and damn proud of it!

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters
I voted for 'not Irish', although there is some debate. My mum thinks that my great-grandpa on her side was Irish, but my uncle says he was welsh. They both agree that he had bright red hair and sat spitting into a spitoon all day :|

I have no idea where my father's side originates from. Could be Lapland for all I know......:der:

I am not Irish and proud of it! :up:
Not because being Irish wouldn't be cool, but because I am proud to be Ukrainian and Danish. :D

am a quarter irsih, my grandad on my dads side was irish, he moved to scotland and married.

so i am a quarter irish, quarter scottish and half english ;)

hereditary
Lattin-Australian
that's B.y.r.n.e.

I don't know much about my Irish ancestors, I wish i did. Why would a young woman hop on a boat and go to Hobart back then? I actually have the name of the church where the English gggparents were married. I'd like to see that too. They originated from Belgium it has been suggested. I've wanted to visit Ireland forever, before U2 started a band, a land of legend.
I have fair skin in the Australian climate (ouch) , I'd say thanks to my irish genes.
St Patrick's Day again so soon? I'm working at the school that day...I'll wear green. I have a lucky hat now and part of the luck is in the shamrock lapel pic it has in it. I'm going to a celtic wedding soon too, the marriage of two very fine people ( they both lost their partners to cancer in the past 2 years). He is our top local celtic musician, he plays fiddle and banjo and whistle and squeeze box and teaches the dances, a truly good man through and through. And the bride's deceased partner was in a bush band with him for years, playing bass. I'm so glad they have found love again together.
Oh you got me telling stories....it's the irish in me.
But I'd kind of forgotten how close all these events are and how I'd better get organised.
Lattin-Australian, I like that term.

I'm three different flavours of Irish in that my Grandma is straight off the boat.
Represent Kilkenny!

My maternal grandmother's father grew up in Ireland...I think on my dad's side all sets of great-grandparents came from Ireland. The only non-Irish in me is my grandfather who grew up on Prince Edward Island with Anne of Green Gables! :)

If any irish/aussie/Tv watchers wander in here between now and tonight
what looks to be a very picturesque documentary series starts tonight on ABC. "Ancient Ireland" It looks to be well-researched with good photography. I don't think U2 will be in?
I wonder if you can get deep-vein thrombosis in an armchair?

Contrary to my previous post in this thread, I am not 100% Irish, nor have I ever lived in Ireland, but I thought a certain belfastian Interferencer would see my post and call me out on my joke of a declaration. :tongue:

Last edited:
I'm Irish...

But I'm also English, Scottish, French, German, and Dutch, with scant traces of Spanish, Italian, Russian, and American Indian.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom