Who's heard the Darkness' Radiohead cover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I don't have a link, or the mp3 anymore, but The Darkness covered Radiohead's "Street Spirit." I know this is heresy to most, and I really tend to think so myself, if it wasn't so much fun. That said, I think the song is almost too serious to get the raucous treatment the Darkness give it, but its' worth a listen or two. Waaaay different.

yes, i've heard it. someone posted a thread a while back. it must have been a while back because i downloaded it, and i've since grown very sick of the darkness.

i can't remember what it sounded like.

Metal. Shlock metal. That was the sound. I was not around here when the Darkness exploded, it was during my hiatus. Don't own the Darkness' album, and don't intend to. But at least that way I can still find them amusing. No saturation

the darkness are awful, and i for one couldn't be happier that all their hype is gone.

there was someone in my building who would angle his/her speakers to the courtyard (for the echo, i assume) so everyone could hear 'i believe in a thing called love' on repeat for hours.

how considerate :crack:

one day, after hearing it drown out my music (playing out of a crappy pair of headphones with the sound turned up full blast because my cheap-ass speakers were broken), i walked around the building looking for the room with full intention of finding the person and kicking his/her ass. i got to their room, knocked for about 5 minutes, but no one answered, an RA came by, and put an end to it in a civilized manner (slipped a warning under their door)...so no ass-kicking ensued.

I have this song. It's not like I listen to it everyday, but it's fun every once in a while. I also have Permission to Land, and I still quite enjoy it.

Darkness are great. I love it the whole way through actually, and most of their B-sides aren't half bad either (most notably, the beautiful "I love you 5 times").

It's hard to believe that this time last year, I was getting all excited about seeing them in concert. Needless to say, my taste in music has changed considerable since then.
I guess I always admire artists who cover songs from completely different genres. I know Coldplay and Lostprophets have a knack of doing it, and i've always enjoyed hearing their renditions.

shaun vox said:
the darkness fucking rock i saw them live twice and they blew me away i even touched justins leg:drool: during one of his guitar solos. :drool:

that sounds pretty girly of a guy who only likes "manly" rock and roll. :sexywink:

ooh la la :sexywink:

:sexywink:

Anyone have a link to an mp3? I heard it once and was looking for it recently and now can't find it.

I've heard it and it's brilliant, gives it a different sound. The Darkness are what the British music scene has needed for a while, a fun band who make great music. There are a lot of bands out there who are kinda melancholy and serious (some of whom I like), The Darkness come from a totally different place.

Anyone heard the new single One Way Ticket?

Despite the hilarious outcry from a lot of Interferencers whenever Justin makes a comment about our Beloved or Coldplay, I had Permission to Land and listened to it regularly for about 6 months, then it went into the usual occasional rotation.

I like the new single though, very catchy, and the SFX of Justin doing a line of coke at the beginning are just cheesy goodness. And the B-Sides are entitled 'Wanker' and 'Grief Hammer' :lol:

For any who want to have a listen:
Link 1 - http://tinyurl.com/dqpg9
Link 2 - http://tinyurl.com/c9yob
Link 3 - http://tinyurl.com/8yhvw

Last edited:
One Way Ticket sounds like pure 80s rock.

I don't hate it. I don't think they're great, but if I'm in the right mood I like listening to them.

The Darkness are the worst thing to happen to music since Boy Bands.

I could get into in depth now, but they aren't worth the effort in typing that much about it.

What I will say though is that they are like Spinal Tap minus the funniness minus the talent minus the coolness but plus a big fat bag full of douche.

shaun vox said:
the darkness fucking rock i saw them live twice and they blew me away i even touched justins leg:drool: during one of his guitar solos. :drool:

you are.....

*searches for word........*

ah........LAME X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Their version of Street Spirit is horrible.

They should be banned from ever making songs/performing again!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

[Street Spirit is sacred! :drool: ]

It's not rock and roll unless you can see the testicles of the lead singer due to the tightness of his pants.

AM I RITE?

Back
Top Bottom