Who's better: Little Kids or Senior Citizens?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you prefer?

• Senior Citizens

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Little Kids

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters
I like babies a lot.

Then they start to speak and it's all downhill from there.

nbcrusader said:
The wisdom of senior citizens vs. the innocent caring of a child.

You will all get to an age where you have to take care of both.

:up:

no question, i'd choose little kids and/or senior citizens any day over self-absorbed, misguided, irreverent pricks who just so happen to constitute the remainder of society.

anitram said:
I like babies a lot.

Then they start to speak and it's all downhill from there.

I don't know, they can be very cute when they first learn how to talk. :) My mother's friend had a little boy named Adam who was just too sweet when he first learned to talk. I was sitting with him one day and he saw a fly on the window. He pointed at it and said "Fly, yummy." I couldn't stop laughing.

Got Philk? said:
Set the stage, we were in his van at a 4 way stop in which he ran. I say, "Grandpa, that was a stop sign!" He replied non-chalantly, "It don't matter, 4 way stops mean their optional." :yikes:
He lost his liscense soon after.

:ohmy:

It's not really funny given the situation, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Hey to everyone who just loves little kids I can let you borrow my aunt. Permanent five year old. Woohoo!! :up:

babies and old people are fine, it's everyone in between that i hate.

this morning my daughter wandered in while i was getting dressed. she pointed to my chest and said 'is that olivia's breakfast? i dont like boobies to have my breakfast. i'm not a baby'

3 year olds :rolleyes:

Little kids - they're annoying through ignorance

Old people - Deliberately annoying.

I voted for Seniors. At least they don't have screaming temper tantrums in the grocery store and demand attention morning noon and night. I definitely agree that most seniors should not be driving though. :yikes: Both groups need to shut up while watching movies in public theatres!!!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I love them both unless they are bratty, and bitter.
Here's one of each...:wink:

344%3B49%3A%3B23232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D82%3B%3D%3B88%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B46%3A4%3C2%3A6ot1lsi

IWasBored said:
babies and old people are fine, it's everyone in between that i hate.

:up: agreed... I am never surprised when an old person gripes about the good old days or forgets to turn off his turn signal. I am never surprised when a kid screams out loud in the library or pees there pants in the mall.

It does shock/annoy me when I see people my age do that...and I have:|

It depends on the individual. I've known darling little kids and wonderful elderly folks. I've also known nasty spoiled brats and vicious old geezers. And everything in between.

Being a little kid is annoying because you don't know the rules or procedures, you can barely communicate and nobody takes you seriously.

Being elderly is annoying because everything hurts, what doesn't hurt doesn't work and nobody takes you seriously.

:shrug:

MrBrau1 said:
I hate them both.

But old people have better stories. And I like ladies with blue hair. :drool:

Little kids can't buy beer.:mad:

bastards.

MrBrau, you're on quite the creative roll lately :love:

I'm kind of fond of both kids and old people. I mean, if George Bush were a 5-year-old child, or a really old person, his take on world domination would surely be different. Better strike that point--especially the first one.

I see the old and young as the bookends of existence, so I try to take it what I can from both. The prejudices of old people can often be alarming, no doubt. If you're Black, or German, there are a shit load of 80-year-olds who would love to give you a good wallop with their canes. Seniors are like living time machines--concentrate on the good stories, and there are a few lessons there: lessons of resourcefulness, struggle, respect for nature, etc.

In contrast, I love the wide-eyed brilliance of kids. A friend of mine has a little 2-year-old girl. She's amazed at everyday things, like snow on the patio, or a dog's bark. There's something special about that, the openness of childhood.

Back
Top Bottom