Whorehouse Meadow Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shifty:

I need lunch. But I can't be bothered making anything, and it's too cold to go outside and buy something.

I may just go and drum for a while.

Cold? COLD? It's FANTASTIC outside. So fresh and crisp and nice. When I went out at 9:30, the Bureau was recording the temperature up my end of town as 6.7, with the apparent temperature actually down at 4.6. Now it's 11.2 (9.8 apparent). Delightful. I love autumn.

It might be jumping the gun but it can't hurt, right? I will become a famous comic book writer or die trying. If I want more than anyone else it is in reach.

Like this famous poet:

B000BEZQ1S.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Re. Coldplay:
The only time I ever was like, wow they're the same group was the first time I heard Speed of Sound. I really did think it was a U2 song I just didn't know.

When I first heard Speed Of Sound, I thought "oh, it's Clocks ... wait, this isn't Clocks ... Clocks Part II?"

Cold? COLD? It's FANTASTIC outside. So fresh and crisp and nice. When I went out at 9:30, the Bureau was recording the temperature up my end of town as 6.7, with the apparent temperature actually down at 4.6. Now it's 11.2 (9.8 apparent). Delightful. I love autumn.

Dude, I'm Asian. Where I come from, 20 degrees is considered freezing. People go up to the hills (which have a temperature of about 20, 22 degrees) dressed like people are now, only with more padding and insulation.

I don't think Coldplay sounds anything like U2. It is a knee jerk reaction to a deep seeded fear that U2 isn't the best band or biggest band in the world. Ever since Bono said U2 were trying to be the biggest band in the world, this fear has been around. If not Coldplay, a different band. The U2 fandom has a great fear that brings out jealousy and anger. You can hate Coldplay but to say they are ripping off U2 is pathetic and sad. I'm sorry but that is what I believe. :shrug:

Dude, I'm Asian. Where I come from, 20 degrees is considered freezing. People go up to the hills (which have a temperature of about 20, 22 degrees) dressed like people are now, only with more padding and insulation.

:lmao:

Dude, you were born in BRITAIN. Don't use your race as a cop-out here. :wink:

Also, checking the Moorabbin Airport station (I think you said that's the one closest to you in a previous thread?), it's actually been warmer down your way this morning than here. I'm still waiting for it to get cold enough to justify getting out the heater. I'm sitting around in t-shirt and trousers now.

Just watched the Vertigo iTunes ad, and there's some serious

WE R SRS RAWK STARZ

happening there. Especially Adam and Bono.

Funny thing is, that ad's what got me into U2 in the first place!

I don't think Coldplay sounds anything like U2. It is a knee jerk reaction to a deep seeded fear that U2 isn't the best band or biggest band in the world. Ever since Bono said U2 were trying to be the biggest band in the world, this fear has been around. If not Coldplay, a different band. The U2 fandom has a great fear that brings out jealousy and anger. You can hate Coldplay but to say they are ripping off U2 is pathetic and sad. I'm sorry but that is what I believe. :shrug:

The irony is that the fear is unfounded. U2 is still the biggest band in the world when you take into account both album sales and tour revenue.

But we know what some U2 fans are like. Just take a stroll through EYKIW...

I've never thought it any other time, but as far as Speed of Sound is concerned, I had no IDEA who I was listening to, that's why I was so confused. I knew it could't be U2, but I was convinced it was.

So I'm finished with my first original comic book script. I just have to read it through again tomorrow to make sure everything is right. Who would like to read it? The dialouge and characters really come out. I assure you all it is pretty good.

I'd love to

I think they sound similar, especially on some songs, but hell, they do have their own sort of sound, and occasionally make decent music. I might even have to look at this new album of theirs. :shifty:

So I'm finished with my first original comic book script. I just have to read it through again tomorrow to make sure everything is right. Who would like to read it? The dialouge and characters really come out. I assure you all it is pretty good.

Post it here and we'll all have a go at critiquing / providing feedback?

The irony is that the fear is unfounded. U2 is still the biggest band in the world when you take into account both album sales and tour revenue.

But we know what some U2 fans are like. Just take a stroll through EYKIW...

Exactly. The best band in the world is subjective and Coldplay will never reach the popularity of U2. I wish people would back off and either like Coldplay or move on.

I'll be the judge of that, Screws. :wink:

Can you send me a copy please? prisonjake@yahoo.com

Also, are you a DC or Marvel guy?

:lmao:

Dude, you were born in BRITAIN. Don't use your race as a cop-out here. :wink:

Also, checking the Moorabbin Airport station (I think you said that's the one closest to you in a previous thread?), it's actually been warmer down your way this morning than here. I'm still waiting for it to get cold enough to justify getting out the heater. I'm sitting around in t-shirt and trousers now.

I don't know what the temperature is, and I don't really care. I just want warmth damn it! It's probably cause I haven't opened any of the blinds in the room yet...

I've never thought it any other time, but as far as Speed of Sound is concerned, I had no IDEA who I was listening to, that's why I was so confused. I knew it could't be U2, but I was convinced it was.

I know. I admit that Coldplay are heavily influenced. The band even said it was heavily influenced by Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill. You can hear it too.

Vertigo iTunes ad: Watch as Bono pretends to be a 5 year old pretending to be a rock star, Edge makes it very clear who the ultimate guitar player is by showing us every huge riff he hits, Adam takes Bono on for "SRS MOOZUSHUN" poses and looks, and Larry looks like he's a bored robot!

I don't know what the temperature is, and I don't really care. I just want warmth damn it! It's probably cause I haven't opened any of the blinds in the room yet...

See, I think it's a bit too warm in my place and I'd like to let some of the cool outside air in.

But if I opened a window, then I couldn't sing along with my music. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom