Whorehouse Meadow Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I tend to think the best present is money. So, yeah, I suck at present advice. I'm usually the guy before Christmas bitching about how much it sucks buying gifts because I never know what anybody would like.

Fan of Peas

TNTN5720_Pea-pulao.jpg
Table_Fan.jpg

Seriously, it is. You always remember the people that give you money.

I don't like cash presents all that much. Cash usually just goes on groceries or bills because I have it handy and then it seems like a huuugge effort to go to the atm and get out more money to replace it blah blah blah.

even if the present is crap at least a little bit of thought has gone into it.

Seriously, it is. You always remember the people that give you money.

Money is the most thoughtful gift too. It says "I like you enough that I don't want to just give you some shit, cop-out gift; go buy something you'll really like".

I only just read this, but it's awesome so I'm quoting it here in the middle of the thread.

And now - as perhaps we are always - we're in Whorehouse Meadow. It's been three months since this place Popped into existence and Survived past Round One. We started life with a nomadic existence on A Musical Journey to Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein. For better or worse, we founded a legacy and for our sins got transported to Australia. We escaped by shakin' Djibouti and went on a global tour. In that time, we've been in Vaginas and Pussies and Twatts, had Wetwangs, taken a Sexy Peak at a Sugar Tit, shut the Bogan Gate on The Mullet, worn an Upperthong, met some Cunters, gone on a Useless Loop, had a lot of Sexbierum, sometimes we've liked to Humptulips or Bumpass, we've used a Dildo, had a Dumb Hope of getting out of Hell For Certain, had morning Tea and an afternoon Orange Free State, we've gone to the End of Earth and back, and all in all had a Fucking good time.

You folks in the postwhorehouse meadow fucking rock.

to me it says "i haven't taken the time to think about what you want so here's some cash I got out while I was at the supermarket buying catfood and chips, enjoy."

:laugh:

I never know what to buy people and I don't want to give them something they don't like, so I'd rather give them money so they can get something they DO like. Gift buying is probably one of the things I dread the most. For people I don't give money to, I usually just burn some music they don't have by bands they like, since I at least put a good deal of thought into the tracklisting.

Glad you guys liked the opening post! I wasn't sure if it would work or just be made of lame phailure.

to me it says "i haven't taken the time to think about what you want so here's some cash I got out while I was at the supermarket buying catfood and chips, enjoy."

Money should only be a gift from elders to youngers, IMO. Old relatives who don't know what to get you but have plenty more income than you give cash, and this makes sense.

My friends have never been big on gifts for each other. We just go out to eat and split the birthday person's meal cost, or my friend who didn't want to go out got a six pack from us...I'm glad it's not a big deal as I hate spending money and I'd be awful at getting stuff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom