Whorehouse Meadow Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fascinated by it, and that i know the rough idea (and geography of the area) helps me work it out a bit more.

I think I'll stick with railway station diagrams. At least they are easily understood.

See, for example, this diagram of Coalgate, on the now-closed Whitecliffs branch in Canterbury that diverged from the Midland Line (i.e. the one the TranzAlpine uses) in Darfield.

800px-Coalgate_railway_yard_plan.PNG

Railway signalling diagrams, incidentally, are a bit more complicated. They're useful for sourcing track layout to an extent, and beyond that I can understand some of it, especially in areas I know, but I certainly don't get all of it. For example:

woburn662.gif

Oh damn, well I'll enjoy it while it lasts! Or upgrade to premium, which I might do in a few days. May do it so I become premium in time to start Live U2 Survivor, if people want that to follow Rest Of U2 Survivor.

But yeah, the new notification is very welcome. Definitely one of the best new features.

what would live survivor be?

i had a vague idea for determining yoru favorite album if you had to kick your 3-4 favorite songs off each album. so basically which album is strongest overall or has the heighest median or something...i bet if there was a way to get people to do it objectively it would surprise people.

no it is so much more serious than the default frowny face. it's got more worried eybrows and sunken eyes.

No, :depressed: just looks like a confused cricketer who has discovered he put the zinc around his eyes rather than on his nose or whatever and is now sad about how goofy he looks.

ooohh, I want to click "go advanced" but I don't know what it'll do. . . . :hmm:

Takes you to the standard reply screen. Just like clicking "quote" does, but obviously without anything quoted.

yeah but if you've already started typing in quick reply and you realize you wanna use the formatting or preview feature, it copies your text over to the main reply screen. i used to cut and paste from quick reply to the main screen all the time, so i think it's useful.

i've been listening to ani difranco's you had time on repeat and it is one of those perfect songs that you can't get sick of. though i do kinda wish there was a single version with less of the intro so it was more continuous.

yeah like last nite when the goddam power went off here :yikes: and i had to reset the circuts outside the house, while i was watchin the ivan milat doco .

oh that would have freaked me out.:scream:

at least I've learnt that if you're being attacked you need to scratch the hell outta the other person so that you've got their dna under your fingernails and they're all scratched up:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom