Whorehouse Meadow Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how "lootable" (diamonds, timber) natural resources affect rebel conflict, case studies liberia and sierra leone, looking at the end at policies that can reduce the impact of resources in hopes of ending conflict. interesting but man did i procrastinate beyond what made it possible to really write the thing. thanks interference! :happy:

:yikes: sound full on .

Eek. :hug:

I'm taking it that because of how soon this is due and all, you just want me to do a basic "this makes sense and flows well; here's a list of grammatical errors and awkward/confusing phrases" kind of proofread job, not a critique that, if you accepted it, would require substantial rewriting? I can obviously do the former much quicker than I can do the latter.

exactly. triage. i need proofreading for grammar and basic comprehension. if i have explained anything in a confusing/convoluted/sleep deprived so missing words way you need to tell me. if you disagree with the way i have explained, backed up, or organized something, i just don't have time to fix it, so not worth noting.

if something's redundant, unless it's really awful, i don't care, i need the length and i'm just trying to be "thorough"

at the moment i am supposed to be among other things, writing a curriculum for a fitness and nutrition program for people with intellectual disabilities.
this was meant to be done for the START OF THE YEAR! thanks interference again . :lol:

now is a kitkat it's own food group?

:laugh: Read about it this morning when I was catching up then. Must've been a good time.

I miss my signature. I take it sigs now disappear automatically for non-premiums? I liked that mine didn't go away after I stopped being premium.

Though honestly I've been thinking of going premium again for the last couple of months, since money isn't as tight now as it was back in, say, January. I still don't really believe in paying for this stuff, but ...

yeah your holdover sig was one of those accidental things with the prem system i think.

i'm going premium in the fall when i have a job.

at the moment i am supposed to be among other things, writing a curriculum for a fitness and nutrition program for people with intellectual disabilities.
this was meant to be done for the START OF THE YEAR! thanks interference again . :lol:

now is a kitkat it's own food group?

well that sounds interesting...projects always sound interesting in theory but the thought of doing them...not so much

btw the family in geneva hadn't emailed for a few days, turns out they had a massive problem with their house, a slug had crawled into an external power circuit thingy and fried itself and cut power to half the house, internet, etc :yikes:

exactly. triage. i need proofreading for grammar and basic comprehension. if i have explained anything in a confusing/convoluted/sleep deprived so missing words way you need to tell me. if you disagree with the way i have explained, backed up, or organized something, i just don't have time to fix it, so not worth noting.

if something's redundant, unless it's really awful, i don't care, i need the length and i'm just trying to be "thorough"

Righto, cool, I can do that. In any case, if you had wanted a thorough critique, I'm not sure how much help I'd be since this isn't a field I know much about! The only African stuff I've ever really studied is Rwandan nationalism and the genocide there. Oh, and a bit of Darfur.

well i'm hoping axver my guest editor will at least find it interesting to think about even if my rushed writing is painful

In my seemingly infinite nerdiness, I'm looking forward to reading it.

well that sounds interesting...projects always sound interesting in theory but the thought of doing them...not so much

btw the family in geneva hadn't emailed for a few days, turns out they had a massive problem with their house, a slug had crawled into an external power circuit thingy and fried itself and cut power to half the house, internet, etc :yikes:

do they have superfucking slugs over there or what ???

i was wondering how all that was going for you .

Righto, cool, I can do that. In any case, if you had wanted a thorough critique, I'm not sure how much help I'd be since this isn't a field I know much about! The only African stuff I've ever really studied is Rwandan nationalism and the genocide there. Oh, and a bit of Darfur.

yeah, i have no readers who know that, i'm sending it to you and another superbrain friend to just go over it. you're smart enough to grasp the concepts, you might have to google a few jargony terms, but i know you'll be able to follow it well enough to edit it. i had one public policy friend who was willing to edit but he's got a real job so my continual delinquency in getting it to him makes it unlikely that he can help me.

:wave:hello folks, just popping in to check out the new digs while my hot dogs cook, nice. It's all different but the same. Maybe I need to go and read some stuff. Weirdest part so far. . . . all the smilies are in a different order:waiting:

I'm not sure what happened with the quick smilies getting changed to weird ones, but the long list isn't changed because of the forum upgrade. sicy at my request added the :depressed: smiley that's been a post icon, and that changed the order of the list.

:wave:hello folks, just popping in to check out the new digs while my hot dogs cook, nice. It's all different but the same. Maybe I need to go and read some stuff. Weirdest part so far. . . . all the smilies are in a different order:waiting:

Smilies in a different order? I don't even see where the smilies are ... looks like they're gone from the quick reply area. I'm glad I know the codes for all the ones I use.

they're in the quick reply area right below the text entry box, and to the right of the post reply area, there are 20 of them and they are seriously odd choices. when you click [more] you get the pop up window with changed order

they're in the quick reply area right below the text entry box, and to the right of the post reply area, there are 20 of them and they are seriously odd choices. when you click [more] you get the pop up window with changed order

No, I don't have that. But I've just realised it must be because I switched from Standard Editor to Basic Editor since I don't like WYSIWYG editors. They take longer to load and I know the code already.

No, I don't have that. But I've just realised it must be because I switched from Standard Editor to Basic Editor since I don't like WYSIWYG editors. They take longer to load and I know the code already.

fasterfox pre-loads images which speeds that up. but it's pretty minimal anyway, and you should check out the wysiwyg editor, it's got a shitload of features

• making

1. lists
  2. and
  3. stuff
and way, way superior handling text modification, it's like word, you click bold and it goes bold, you click red and it goes red, you say size 5 etc etc, none of that sutpid popping up box. and you can jusify text!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom