Whorehouse Meadow Superthread - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2008, 07:20 AM   #511
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
looks cool for a guy that age but wow pricey
nah i dont think its too bad, i would be scraping a bit to get it together, but considering the circumstances its an appropriate present

Old 05-22-2008, 07:24 AM   #512
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:04 PM
Quote:
My friends have never been big on gifts for each other. We just go out to eat and split the birthday person's meal cost, or my friend who didn't want to go out got a six pack from us...I'm glad it's not a big deal as I hate spending money and I'd be awful at getting stuff as well.
My friends from high school and I have an agreement that we simply don't get presents for each other. I believe I've told the story before about why we do this. My friend Sam's birthday is 14/01 and I'm 17/01. For his 14th birthday, I gave Sam $20. Three days later, he gave me the very same note back. From that point on, no presents. We all suck at buying presents and think money is the best gift, so we figure it's pointless to just give money we'll get back later!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-22-2008, 07:38 AM   #513
Vocal parasite

Suddenly dead thread?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-22-2008, 07:38 AM   #514
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:04 AM
this damn thesis is not gonna be long enough. i am already fiddling with the margins...
Old 05-22-2008, 07:39 AM   #515
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:34 PM
well, daily show and colbert report are on , im off see ya !
Old 05-22-2008, 07:41 AM   #516
Vocal parasite

Quote:
this damn thesis is not gonna be long enough. i am already fiddling with the margins...
What's the word limit?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-22-2008, 07:41 AM   #517
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious_jen View Post
well, daily show and colbert report are on , im off see ya !
Have fun!

30ed, 15 seconds to go, let's type slowly ... 6 seconds ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-22-2008, 07:52 AM   #518
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
What's the word limit?
my lovely department provided neither hard deadlines nor a word limit. I'm doing two credits. I kind of thought it should be around 75 pages (15k words?) based on how long friends in this department and others did their 2 credit theses. a master's thesis worth 1/3 of the degree credits in a year is 20k-25k at a mediocre so 15k seems right for 1/4 of my undergraduate year at a top institution...i guess. then, i heard a public policy minor 2 years ago did a 1 credit that was 15 pages and got by!

so basically i am hoping to hit 50 pages at this point. when i double space i'm at about 30 now, 6500 words. i'm gonna turn it in as a pdf so they can't see that i've made margins 1.3 instead of 1.25, i might make the font 12.2 and the spacing 2.1 instead of 2. bad bad bad.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:58 AM   #519
Vocal parasite

Quote:
my lovely department provided neither hard deadlines nor a word limit. I'm doing two credits. I kind of thought it should be around 75 pages (15k words?) based on how long friends in this department and others did their 2 credit theses. a master's thesis worth 1/3 of the degree credits in a year is 20k-25k at a mediocre so 15k seems right for 1/4 of my undergraduate year at a top institution...i guess. then, i heard a public policy minor 2 years ago did a 1 credit that was 15 pages and got by!

so basically i am hoping to hit 50 pages at this point. when i double space i'm at about 30 now, 6500 words. i'm gonna turn it in as a pdf so they can't see that i've made margins 1.3 instead of 1.25, i might make the font 12.2 and the spacing 2.1 instead of 2. bad bad bad.
Hell, that's just a bit confusing. As far as I'm aware, the Honours year thesis here is 10,000 words. I don't get how it seems some places over your way do page limits - that seems to unduly penalise people who use large words. If you're a person who writes in short words, you could fit in more content. Same if you're just lucky with your paragraph breaks.

And sneaky.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-22-2008, 07:59 AM   #520
Blue Crack Addict

hey can someone tell me how to make only the last line of text in a paragraph (footnote actually) have a double space? so that the footnotes individually are single spaced but there's an enter between them?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 AM   #521
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hell, that's just a bit confusing. As far as I'm aware, the Honours year thesis here is 10,000 words. I don't get how it seems some places over your way do page limits - that seems to unduly penalise people who use large words. If you're a person who writes in short words, you could fit in more content. Same if you're just lucky with your paragraph breaks.

And sneaky.
when i'm pressed to meet a count i totally add extra words to sentences that will push my paragraph breaks over.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #522
Vocal parasite

Quote:
hey can someone tell me how to make only the last line of text in a paragraph (footnote actually) have a double space? so that the footnotes individually are single spaced but there's an enter between them?
I have no idea. I'd just do that manually.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #523
Vocal parasite

Also, note how the way I wrote that comment shows my clear bias towards longer word limits ... can't wait for the 10,000 word Honours thesis! Or 50,000 words for my PhD ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-22-2008, 08:03 AM   #524
Blue Crack Addict

how many credits out of your year's worth of credits is the 10k thesis?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:05 AM   #525
Blue Crack Supplier

Just as I was getting the hang of that "enter the page number" box, it's gone...

Hey Ax and Vari

ETA: I like this edit thing. Just found the box...

Seems every time I whinge about something, the solution appears!

OH DARN I WISH I HAD MORE MONEY......

Tags
superthread