Whorehouse Meadow Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go on, play another album. :wink:
Hell no. I've got a whole month's worth of public lighting to update and invoice tomorrow. And I don't want to be psychoticAlison like I was last Friday. :|

Hi/bye Maj.! Hope that lecture was worth it :wink:

Good luck with the thesis, Vari...

seeya everyone :wave:

Fixed :D

(first time I've done that!)

PHAIL.

(True #1: The Ground Beneath Her Feet)
1. When I Look At The World
2. Walk On
3. Kite
4. Grace
5. Beautiful Day
6. New York
7. Wild Honey
8. Peace On Earth
9. Elevation
10. In A Little While
11. Stuck In A Moment

:yikes: page 41 is giving me a

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /showthread.php on this server.

AND I JUST FIGURED OUT WHY YOUR OBX IS BLUE!!!

I IZ A GENIUS

Forbidden

I IZ A GENIUS

Are you talking about my box? if so, what why how????

I got a forbidden too....anyway i'm gonna nap for an hour. but why how what when box blue?

PHAIL.

(True #1: The Ground Beneath Her Feet)
1. When I Look At The World
2. Walk On
3. Kite
4. Grace
5. Beautiful Day
6. New York
7. Wild Honey
8. Peace On Earth
9. Elevation
10. In A Little While
11. Stuck In A Moment

Ack, I forgot about POE. I might rate Grace over POE, if that bass is as good as you say... but I can't be arsed listening now.

My brain has gone rather EYKIW-ish lately... I'm very pessimistic about the new album. Sigh.

Anyway, I was leaving... *extracts self*

Forbidden

I IZ A GENIUS

Are you talking about my box? if so, what why how????

I got a forbidden too....anyway i'm gonna nap for an hour. but why how what when box blue?

Ok in the upper right hand corner of both the quick reply and the advanced reply boxes there is a button that's got a little A over a big, italics, blue, underlined A, Click it and it'll turn the box between white and blue

ATYCLB is good for listening to when I'm bored, I need some U2 and all of the other albums are beginning to sound overplayed.

ATYCLB is good for listening to when I'm bored, I need some U2 and all of the other albums are beginning to sound overplayed.

Yeah, it's by no means my favorite album, but I have a special place in my heart for it, since, it was my first :cute:.

omg now the box is white.... but what is the point of that toggle?

It says it switches editor mode, but I never noticed anything different about your posts so :shrug:

Do you think Sicy should be PM'd and tell her it's ok, or maybe she'll just notice on her own?

JESUS CHRIST WHAT WAS THAT!!

I saw...things....terrifying things....interference where did you go :sad:

ah yes i am actually gonna keep it blue. not for aesthetics (though i do like it better than all that damn white) but because the editor mode makes composing a post way easier. nice find, yeah you could link sicy to this page or somethign so she knows the mystery is solved. plus the editor mode is cool, people should know about it.

So my shitty computer and reading Vazza's thesis are both putting me way behind this thread.

To be fair, I still mildly prefer it to the universal love of ninjas. That's even more annoying. And both perceptions of them are so mythical now.

And yeah, clearly we're pretty desperate for national heroes.

Yeah, I can't say I understand the ninja love either. But people get fascinated by stupid things. See: Interference.

At least New Zealand has Sir Edmund Hillary as its prominent cultural icon!

WILATW is the best song on there, but I still have no intention of listening to it anytime within the next ten years. Not a good sign.

:lol: Pretty much how I feel too.

Resent the song, hope it works this time.

The thing I've noticed is that a lot of people (generalising, mostly white Australians) seem to have this bizarre obsession or fascination with Japanese culture / stuff, especially swords. Most of them seem to think that the katana is the "ultimate weapon", or that ninja shuriken were thrown to kill, etc.

It's so hard to convince them otherwise. Especially when I pull out my martial arts stuff and everyone goes "oh do you do karate?" or "where's your katana?"

ATYCLB was my first non-Best Of album. That doesn't stop me from thinking it's shit.

The thing I've noticed is that a lot of people (generalising, mostly white Australians) seem to have this bizarre obsession or fascination with Japanese culture / stuff, especially swords. Most of them seem to think that the katana is the "ultimate weapon", or that ninja shuriken were thrown to kill, etc.

It's so hard to convince them otherwise. Especially when I pull out my martial arts stuff and everyone goes "oh do you do karate?" or "where's your katana?"

:lol:

"Australian" and "culturally informed" rarely go hand in hand. See: Cronulla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom