Whorehouse Meadow Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I'm going to listen to that A Dying Sailor bullshit by Bono.

Yes, I'm already biased against it. And it has nothing to do with low hmmmmms. I just hate this stupid pirate crap that's so popular now.

:lol: Yeah.

It was a weak response, though, so I called them out for not even trying.

:up:

It's true, they are running out of responses. Their favourite bands may apparently be the innovators of this decade of music, but the fans responses to criticism are as boring as ever.

OK, so I'm going to listen to that A Dying Sailor bullshit by Bono.

Yes, I'm already biased against it. And it has nothing to do with low hmmmmms. I just hate this stupid pirate crap that's so popular now.

I digg this post a lot. I find it really annoying too, and it's been what, five years of that sort of shit being popular in a nerdy way?

:up:

It's true, they are running out of responses. Their favourite bands may apparently be the innovators of this decade of music, but the fans responses to criticism are as boring as ever.

Honestly, I think the fan responses to criticism are just reflective of the actual reality of their favourite bands' innovative abilities. Like band, like fan. We see that here too with U2 in different ways ...

Aaaahahahahaha the low hmmmmmm at the start is funny even without the Peterrrr context.

My picks for TSMS are Phase 1 of the title track, Dislocated Day, The Moon Touches Your Shoulder, and depending on the edition, Stars Die. I'm sure phanan's about to point out that I just named nearly the entire album.

As for Signify, I adore Waiting Phase One, Sever, Every Home Is Wired, and Dark Matter.
I wasn't sure whether Stars Die should be in the TSMS folder or not, since it says Disc 2.... :shrug: There are obviously large gaps in my PT collection still :wink:

I seem to be missing track 2 of Lightbulb Sun for some reason?

I'm rather enjoying TSMS phase 2 at the moment... most of this doesn't seem to be the standing-out kind of music? Seems kinda backgroundy for the most part... not that there's anything wrong with that :wink:

Ahaha, some Interlander sent it to me like five months ago and I could never be arsed opening their email, so the link has died by now.

Alright, no listening buddydom, then. Sounds like I'm not missing much anyway.

I digg this post a lot. I find it really annoying too, and it's been what, five years of that sort of shit being popular in a nerdy way?

Yeah, and now people keep doing that stupid Talk Like A Pirate Day and other nonsense year after year. I don't see the fascination in pirates, and it just privileges lowlifes who in reality should probably be marginalised and marked in history as yet another one of humanity's failures.

But then Australia worships Ned Kelly, so.

Ahaha, some Interlander sent it to me like five months ago and I could never be arsed opening their email, so the link has died by now.

Alright, no listening buddydom, then. Sounds like I'm not missing much anyway.

:lol: Want me to e-mail it?

When Bono's actually properly singing, he does a good job if you look past the lyrics. When he's low hmmmmmming, he brings the lulz.

I wasn't sure whether Stars Die should be in the TSMS folder or not, since it says Disc 2.... :shrug: There are obviously large gaps in my PT collection still :wink:

I seem to be missing track 2 of Lightbulb Sun for some reason?

I'm rather enjoying TSMS phase 2 at the moment... most of this doesn't seem to be the standing-out kind of music? Seems kinda backgroundy for the most part... not that there's anything wrong with that :wink:

The deal with Stars Die is that it wasn't on the original UK edition but was released as a single. Before the US edition, SW realised this was a really stupid move and put it on the US edition of the album. On the 2004 re-release, Stars Die is put on the second disc.

Track 2 of Lightbulb Sun is How Is Your Life Today. I probably cut it because it's one of two PT songs I don't really like. Can e-mail it, though.

And yeah, TSMS is very much the atmospheric, spacey phase that works well in the background.

Why are there tags there saying "fuck yeah" and "sexy bitches"? I sense Mia's hand in this... :giggle:

What, you don't think it's fun to walk around once a year and have an excuse to go "ARR!" randomly? :wink: Or call people buxom wenches...

The deal with Stars Die is that it wasn't on the original UK edition but was released as a single. Before the US edition, SW realised this was a really stupid move and put it on the US edition of the album. On the 2004 re-release, Stars Die is put on the second disc.

Track 2 of Lightbulb Sun is How Is Your Life Today. I probably cut it because it's one of two PT songs I don't really like. Can e-mail it, though.

And yeah, TSMS is very much the atmospheric, spacey phase that works well in the background.

The only reason I asked is that my OCD brain is twitching cos there's just one missing from the album... :lol:

Definite Pink Floydy vibes in Phase two of TSMS.

I'd better go to bed before I start another album and feel obliged to listen to all of it :wink:

Why are there tags there saying "fuck yeah" and "sexy bitches"? I sense Mia's hand in this... :giggle:

What, you don't think it's fun to walk around once a year and have an excuse to go "ARR!" randomly? :wink: Or call people buxom wenches...

:lol: on both counts. We did have tags earlier like "Axver's social life" and "Varitek's boobs". Khan deleted them, though, since they didn't serve a legit purpose.

I want a Talk Like An Intellectual Day so that I don't stick out so much.

The only reason I asked is that my OCD brain is twitching cos there's just one missing from the album... :lol:

Definite Pink Floydy vibes in Phase two of TSMS.

I'd better go to bed before I start another album and feel obliged to listen to all of it :wink:

I'll e-mail it to you. Maybe I'm in a minority in not liking it. The other PT song I don't like much, Access Denied, has grown somewhat on me lately.

Go on, play another album. :wink:

I want a Talk Like An Intellectual Day so that I don't stick out so much.

You think the people who do TLAPirate Day do it to blend in? :wink:

And the only people I've seen do TLAPD are the very geekiest roleplayers I know. And then pretty much only to each other... :lol:

This is lame. I can't just type in something at the bottom of the thread, but have to click "reply"? LAME.

Also hi all! :wave:

EDIT: ok never mind, I wasn't logged in.

Yeah, and now people keep doing that stupid Talk Like A Pirate Day and other nonsense year after year. I don't see the fascination in pirates, and it just privileges lowlifes who in reality should probably be marginalised and marked in history as yet another one of humanity's failures.

But then Australia worships Ned Kelly, so.

To be fair, I still mildly prefer it to the universal love of ninjas. That's even more annoying. And both perceptions of them are so mythical now.

And yeah, clearly we're pretty desperate for national heroes.

And the only people I've seen do TLAPD are the very geekiest roleplayers I know. And then pretty much only to each other... :lol:

My friends and I talk like a pirate for the hell of it pretty much. I have fun :shrug:

Dear Radiohead & fans:

...What is the big deal?

Please respoind,

Yours Truly,
Ashley

Oh, no. For most people, Talk Like An Intellectual Day would be being silly. For me, it would be "thank god, I don't look so out of place today".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom