Whoops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Northeast

Acrobat
Joe Namath Makes Pass At ESPN Reporter On Camera
Interview Cut Short

POSTED: 7:27 a.m. EST December 22, 2003

NEW YORK -- It was a football sideline interview -- complete with a pass.

ESPN cut short an interview with Joe Namath during Saturday's Jets-Patriots game -- after some curious answers from the Hall of Fame quarterback.

When reporter Suzy Kolber asked Namath what the Jets' struggles this season mean to him personally, he leaned in and said: "I want to kiss you."

Kolber's reply: "Thanks, Joe. A huge compliment."

Namath later repeated: "I want to kiss you." Kolber sent it back to the announcers in the booth.

The network said Namath also "made some relevant football points" -- but adds it wouldn't have done the interview if it had known what Namath was going to say.

The Jets aren't commenting on the exchange.

:madspit: what a moron

my friend and i have been amused all day at work at the headlines around the country for this drunken pass. :laugh:

man it is bad enough making a jack ass out of yourself when you are drunk and a few friends call you out on it, but when the whole country and people in other countries see your drunken self on tv hitting on someone that is just funny as shit and deserves to be made fun of. :up: :laugh: maybe he is just "happy" because he is going to finish his U of AL degree. so he figured he might as well behave like a college boy again. :wink:

Now I know when Suzy Kolber is on screen.

I can hear my 9-year old son, in a sarcastic voice, saying "I want to kiss you"

Thanks Broadway Joe.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
suzie kolber is like the last person you'd expect that to happen to... she knows her shit. she's not just a trophy sideline reporter like lisa guerrero on MNF

:yes:

suzy :up:

lisa :down:

Back
Top Bottom