Whoa!! Where's That Christmas Spirit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Well, it does get stressful too...
eek.gif

Xmas Rage Mars Festive Season for Some

LONDON (Reuters) - While thousands of Britons flocked to the shops in a last-minute Christmas gift-buying frenzy on Monday, the pressure to be festive proved just a little too much for three harassed women.

Liz Mace, a mother of five, was so irritated that all her family wanted to do was slump in front of the television instead of helping to decorate the Christmas tree that she hurled the set out of the house.

And in a case of turkey rage, two women came to blows over the last frozen bird in a south Wales supermarket.

Mace, 40, was said to have wrenched the family television from its socket, carried to the front door, lifted it over her head and thrown it out of the house.

According to The Times newspaper, the sound of it smashing as it rolled down the front steps of her home in Southampton, southern England, had the desired affect and the family began hanging decorations on the tree.

``I felt much better afterwards,'' Mace was quoted as saying. ''Unfortunately we hadn't budgeted for a new one. We will have to make do with board games.''

In the turkey incident, two unidentified women were said to have tussled over the last turkey in a supermarket in the town of Barry, with, inevitably, only one emerging victorious. The pair met later in the car park and, according to The Guardian newspaper, the turkey-less woman snapped at her rival: ''I hope you burn it on Christmas Day.''

In a response said to have been recorded by the store's security cameras, the woman with the turkey hit her rival over the head with it.

A police spokesman was quoted as saying: ``An alleged assault took place and the woman had some of her hair pulled out."

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Liz Mace, a mother of five, was so irritated that all her family wanted to do was slump in front of the television instead of helping to decorate the Christmas tree that she hurled the set out of the house.

Mace, 40, was said to have wrenched the family television from its socket, carried to the front door, lifted it over her head and thrown it out of the house.

According to The Times newspaper, the sound of it smashing as it rolled down the front steps of her home in Southampton, southern England, had the desired affect and the family began hanging decorations on the tree.

``I felt much better afterwards,'' Mace was quoted as saying. ''Unfortunately we hadn't budgeted for a new one. We will have to make do with board games.''

LOL, Southampton's just up the road from me! I thought I heard something smash.

------------------
Rain from Heaven.

"Ain't no thang."

Originally posted by Gina Marie:

In a response said to have been recorded by the store's security cameras, the woman with the turkey hit her rival over the head with it.

I bet the other woman now wishes she had been battling over Cornish Game Hen instead.

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Back
Top Bottom